Friday, October 30, 2009

Guest post by Bethany Cagle


Good morning!
Thanks so much for allowing me to join you today! First, let me introduce myself. My name is Bethany Cagle, but I write under the pen names Brianna Roarke and Brynna Curry. Why do I use a pen name, or even two, if I broadcast my real identity? Another lady who shares my name is already famous. I didn't want to be lost in her google hits.
Brynna is the sweeter side of my writing personality. Most of her works are light paranormal romance with an element of suspense. Coming to Lyrical Press in December is Earth Enchanted, the first book in my Elemental Magic series. There are five projected books in this series. To learn more about the individual books, visit http://brynnacurry.webs.com.
Brianna is my dark side. She writes steamier dark paranormal. Vampires, werewolves and ghosts reign over her writing world. Gypsy Moon, a werewolf novella, was released yesterday with Red Rose Publishing. She has several projects in the works, including another shifter novella (leprechaun) entitled Cullen's Luck and a vampire series Circle of Seven. Her individual site is located at http://briannaroarke.webs.com.
When I'm not writing, I review books for You Gotta Read Reviews as Brynna Curry. I also aide in judging RWA contests each year when times allows. I would love to hear any comments or questions you may have. One lucky poster will win a copy of Gypsy Moon.
My main site: http://brynnacurrybriannaroarkebooks.webs.com (both sites can be reached from here)
My yahoo group: brynnacurrybriannaroarkebooks Brynna and Brianna's Fairy Ring
Twitter: As BrynnaCurry Facebook: As Bethany Cagle

8 comments:

  1. No matter which name you use I like you and your books. I am a fan of yours and have entered alot of your contests. I support you in anything you do and just wish I could afford all you write..thanks to friends I keep up pretty good but sure would love a book of my own..I keep trying.ha ha They say you should not give up so I don"t. ha ha I also think it is great that you support so many wonderful causes affecting the whole world..you are great. susan L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sounds awesome!! Thanks for sharing and huge congrats on your successes! How excited you must be :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bethany!

    Writing under so many diferent pen names, and so many different storylines, how do you manage to keep them all organized? I know your imagination must be vast to create them, and trust me, as part of your audience we appreciate every page! Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your wonderful comments! M-square, I wanted to have almost a brand my readers could identify with so as soon as they saw the name, they would know what to expect from the book. That's a good question. I keep a separate user file on my computers for each identity. Their respective work goes under their user files. This helps me get in the mindset of that pen identity when I log in to work. I keep a third user for my personal stuff, books for review, contest entries etc. I always keep a notebook and pen handy to jot down ideas. Most often the characters drive the story until they are a as real to me as you or anyone else. That also helps keep them straight.

    Bonnie: I am bouncing off the walls excited *big grin* Thanks!

    Susan: I'm blushing, thank you! Never ever give up. Writing is a craft. The only way to succeed is to never stop learning, always look to improve whether you have a handwritten story in the back of your closet or 30 best sellers on your office shelf with your name on them. Interact with other writers and learn from each other. Relish in the rejection letters we all get for each lesson they teach. Write what you love to read, but don't be afraid to push yourself out of that comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be offline at 5 pm cst, so I'll be choosing my winner before then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shandy,
    I love your dragons and blinkie banners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time for me to go. Thanks for having me here today! And the winner is *draws out of the hat* Susan.

    Congrats, Susan! You've won a copy of Gypsy Moon to curl up with on Halloween. Email me at caglebethany@yahoo.com and I'll send it your way!

    HAve a Happy Halloween everyone! Stay safe!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.