Monday, July 19, 2010

Guest Blogger Isabel Roman

 Make sure to comment here and on Isabel's other stops for chances to win.

So you’re reading an author-your pick. One you love to devour and eagerly await every new release.
They can’t come soon enough and yet when they do you can’t help but read every single page that night. Or a new one you’re currently devouring, because wow this author is great and how did you never know about them before? Where have they been hiding?
They write only a certain kind of book, one which you love. (Historical, paranormal, contemporary, humor, whatever) Then all of a sudden, there’s a new book but it’s different. It’s new. It’s not at all what you expect. It’s not what you want. You don’t read this kind of book.
Do you read it? Do you buy it?
With tentative steps, you reach for it, wondering if you’ll like this strange new thing.

That’s the question isn’t it. Do you read an author or do you read the genre? I jump genres. I’ll drain a genre dry before I move onto another, and then might not go back to it for years. Seriously, I wrote a Civil War story last year for an anthology but until then it’d been over a decade since I read a Civil War romance. Same with vampires. I read and read and read them—a new author came out? That book was mine. Now, I tend to steer clear of them, unless it’s a really unique concept.
Even authors I loved, I don’t read any more because I read so much of that particular genre. (Laurell K. Hamilton springs easily to mind.)

What about you? Does it not bother you? Are you the type to ONLY read a particular genre? Historical, vampires, humor, etc? If an absolutely favorite author wrote something completely different than you read but you LOVE this author, will you jump with her/him?

Dark Desires of the Druids: Sex & Subterfuge: A Ravenous RomanceRead Dark Desires of the Druids: Sex & Subterfuge available now in bookstores! And be sure to check out Isabel’s free story!

Sex and Subterfuge is the story of Lucien Harrington and Morgana Blackthorne.
A master magicker, Morgana Blackthorne has a tenuous hold on her following. When a strange Englishman arrives on her doorstep with news of other druidic magickers, and magicker problems, she’s intrigued but suspicious. There hasn’t been contact between the American and European druids in over a hundred years. Plus she has her own worries and doesn’t need the handsome earl adding to them.
Lucien, Earl of Granville, left England to seek out the Blackthorne Druid line and discover what they’ve been up to since contact was lost. Once he and Morgana meet, their mutual attraction distracts him from his purpose. Embroiled in her problems, he finds himself more concerned with her welfare than is practical for a passing affair.
When I invited you into my bed, it never occurred to me I wouldn’t want you to leave.
There are darker forces at work and the hunger of a weak magicker desperate for power. Will Lucien convince Morgana of his true feelings before things spiral out of control? Or will the surrounding subterfuge tear them apart?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me today! And don't forget to check out my free Dark Desires of the Druids: Choose Your Own Adventure story! http://isabelroman.com/choose-your-own-adventure/druids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just following you on your tour. I used to read mostly FBI or supsense stories. I have found I enjoy all kinds of stories. If it's a good story I will like it. I do have an author that I would buy any book she wrote until she came out with a differant kind of book(there are 7)that I thought I would enjoy. Not so. I struggled through the whole book & I don't think I will try the other 6. If she goes back to her other writing I will pick up her books. I don't want to say any names cause I really don't like to say anything bad about a book or author. A lot of people did like her book so it's just not my cup of tea.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.