Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Frugal Foodie Cookbook {Review}


VIVA EDITIONS

Big Taste for Small Change


Lara Starr is a baker, blogger, and a cook with a calculator. Lynette Shirk is a four-star Frugal Foodie who has cooked at Masa's, Postrio, Chez Panisse, and Williams-Sonoma. Together they have cooked up a recipe-filled guide to eating better than ever on less. The Frugal Foodie Cookbook will show you how to creatively and cleverly use ingredients and leftovers to produce wonderful, inexpensive meals for any occasion.

The Frugal Foodie Cookbook covers everything from roasting coffee at home to concocting inexpensive, crave-worthy casseroles and whipping up snacks on a budget. Starr and Shirk feature irresistible recipes like Shaves Shrimp Rolls, Gourmet PBJ, and Exponential Chicken—which stretches the bird over five different courses. With hundreds of delicious dishes and expert advice, The Frugal Foodie Cookbook will keep you living well and eating better.

http://frugalfoodiecookbook.blogspot.com 

Review: The Frugal Foodie Cook Book is one of the cutest cook books I've ever seen. It's also super informative. Now I'm a horrible cook so I need all the help I can get. I mean I burn water, that's how bad I am. So I have a lot of cook books laying around and I think this one will be at the top of the pile. It not only has yummy recipes like the Sweet & Sour Meat Loaf which my hubby actually liked when I made. I'm so proud of myself. The Frugal Foodie also has information on how to save money when shopping and suggestions on how to use leftovers. This is awesome cause my family hates eating leftovers, so if I can reuse them it's a bonus. The book contains gift ideas, things you can make, and beauty tips as well as homemade beauty products like face masks and hair rinses. They packed all this in one tiny little book. I'm seriously amazed. This is seriously a great little book and you should check it out. Also you can check out the Frugal Foodie's blog to get more cool stuff.

 Disclaimer: I received this book free from Cleis Press, this did not effect my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.