Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My First Year as an E-Author by Mahalia Levey

Eleven Months ago, I began writing for electronic publishing. It’s been both exciting and exhausting. It never occurred to me that I’d be swamped with time consuming work and that that I’d have to change my lifestyle. Now I find myself on a writing schedule to make sure I have time to spend with my kids and fiancé. I went from being the— I’m here for every event mother, to just give me a minute that turned into hours. I’ve split time writing new projects, promoting, editing, critiquing others, accepting critiques and interviewing others on one site every Wednesday. But with some time management and getting through the first process of final edits and actual publication, I’ve found a way to balance everything.

Merikano’s Fury released July 15th at www.extasybooks.com. I am beyond excited because Merikano’s Fury was my very first manuscript. It was the one I wrote before I took a technique class, and before I learned the foundational ins and outs of publishing. It’s been a great journey so far. I’ve heard so many great things about my writing, and areas I should work on as I grow.
Growth is an important part of writing. In this year I’ve been out. I’ve earned four new contracts and grown by gaining new publishers. My patience has improved. Waiting to hear yay or nay can make the nerves go spastic. I’ve found that occupying my time and continuing to write and or edit makes me forget I’ve submitted somewhere, at least for awhile. I’ve met great people during tour blogs and doing interviews on Novel Sisterhood. I haven’t set limits on where I can go; just enjoying the ride I’m on right now. E-publishing is growing by leaps and bounds and I’m excited to see how quickly it’s rising. Now if only I could afford an Apple Pad for reading lol. Sony is on my list. On August 25th I’ll be celebrating my one year mark at my blog http://mahalia2010.wordpress.com/
I hope to see you all there! You can find me at my website, www.mahalialevey.com. The links for facebook, twitter and myspace are on the first page!
Mahalia will be chatting up blogtalkradios One World One Voice this Saturday (8/7/10) at 6pm don't miss her.
About The Author: Being smart and sassy with a great sense of humor comes easily for Mahalia Levey. An avid reader of books, she found herself enchanted with disappearing completely into the worlds authors created. One day she vowed to herself she'd be one of them. Then family life came, and college right after. Swayed from her childhood course of action, it took many years for her to get back to that place she held dear as a child. Now she is running full steam ahead to keep up with the many ideas flowing freely. She plans on taking her work to higher levels and expanding her genres. Her main focus is giving her readers variety. Her works in progress include paranormal, fantasy and mainstream romance. Taking characters and watching them grow past what she’s imagined is her true passion.  


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your release; I hope you celebrated with loved ones and friends.

    I agree, e-publishing is growing by leaps and bounds; it will be interesting how publishing world will be in 10 years.

    Is Merikano’s Fury a stand-alone or book 1 in a series? I look forward in visiting your site and blog.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your year. You have a busy schedule and it hard to find the time that you need but as least you are doing something you love.

    lorettaC
    lbcanton@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! To see your first story in print...that's amazing! What a terrific first year for you. Congratulations, Hales. YOu deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harris It's not in print :) It's my first story written ever, but the most recent published. It took me some time to go back and repair :) So yeah it's always a mile marker when you accomplish something you thought would take you much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracey it's the first. Not really a series per say but will have add'l stories for other characters in the book. I hope you do visit! Thanks for visiting

    Thanks Loretta! So good to see you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I hope you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Liz great to see you. I'm having a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Shandy for having me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...