Tuesday, August 30, 2011

{Review} Boyfriend from Hell by E. Van Lowe

Boyfriend from Hell
by E. Van Lowe
Publisher: White Whisker Books
Release: September 10th 2011
Genre: YA- Paranormal, with some Romance elements

Fifteen year-old Megan Barnett and her single mom, Suze, have a special relationship—they are friends, close friends, who do almost everything together.

“But come on, guys, she’s my mother… Can I really tell her that while we’re snuggled up on the sofa watching Spider Man Three, I’m secretly undressing James Franco with my eyes? Of course not…”

The special bond takes a turn for the worse when Suze decides to start dating again. She hasn’t had a man in her life since Megan’s father left ten years ago.

Enter two mysterious young men, Megan’s new classmate, sinfully attractive bad boy, Guy Matson, and the dangerously handsome art dealer, Armando. Before long Megan and Suze both wind up in steamy relationships.

But neither of the handsome pair is quite what he seems. In fact, one of them is Satan, with his sights set on a new bride. Megan has precious little time to figure out how to stop him. If she doesn’t, either Megan or Suze are quite literally going to HELL.


Review: I really enjoyed this book. It actually shocked me! I mean totally out of right field never even crossed my mind shocker. I'm very rarely shocked by books any more but I love it when they do. 
Megan and her mom Suze have this great relationship. Ever since Megan's dad took off they have been more than Mother and Daughter they are friends too. I thought this was great, the close ties between Megan and Suze made what was happening understandable and slightly more believable. Why it was so hard for Megan to go to her Mom, and why she was so determined to stop Satan at all costs. 
Being a nerd myself in high school I found it easy to relate with Megan and I loved her tidbits of trivia dropped here and there. I felt really bad for Megan as the book progressed, and she starts to lose everything. I liked that she was able to make a new friend one who did believe her and stuck with her through it. 
The humor in the book helped break up the tension so you weren't biting your nails the entire time your reading this, but it does keep you rivited. The plot moves along rather fast and I found myself swept along in everything that was going on. I thought this was an extremely entertain read.  





Disclaimer:I received this book from the author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.