Thursday, August 25, 2011

{Review} Dark Taste of Rapture By Gena Showalter

Dark Taste of RaptureDark Taste of Rapture
By Gena Showalter
Publisher: Pocket Star
Released:August 23, 2011
Genre: Fiction, Adult: Romance, Sci fi, Suspense

New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter captivates with a dark, tantalizing world of humans, otherworlders, and a powerful AIR agent consumed by his desire for a woman he can never have. . . .

With one caress, he can give unforgettable pleasure . . . or unending pain. . . .

Hector Dean is shaved, tattooed, and totally ripped—and he has a deadly secret. He is a walking weapon, capable of killing with a single brush of his fingertips. Little wonder he’s determined to remain on his own. But Noelle Tremain is a temptation like no other. She is beautiful and rich, with a party girl smile that hides a shocking vulnerability, and from the beginning his sizzling attraction to her is undeniable. For the first time, his stone-cold resistance is tested. But to be with her, he risks destroying her.

When a wealthy businessman is murdered in New Chicago’s seediest district, the two are partnered, and there’s no escaping what they both want: each other. Yet neither Hector nor Noelle knows what to fear more—the killer case, or their own lethal desires. . . .

Review: I loved this book! I was stuck to my chair from the beginning... ok I wasn't stuck but I didn't want to tear myself away. Ms Showalter did such a good job with this. I loved her imagery and world building. She drew me in and made me feel like I never wanted to leave. The world she created was imaginative and interesting. I really enjoyed the different races and the creativity used to make the characters pop. 
The main characters are so cool and have their own way of catching your attention, or at least they caught my attention. I love how Ms Showalter worked in the secrets for both characters, they are so alike and yet as different as could be. I mean you know how they say opposites attach, this is an example of that in ways. Hector is this rough and tumble guy, yet while huge he always thinks and weighs what he does due to his abilities. Noelle on the other hand is wild and unruly. From the beginning they have this electricity. The chemistry between these two is off the charts. The sexual tension fairly burns up the pages, it just makes you want to lock them in a room until they do it or kill each other. The ups and downs in this book made me want to scream, in a good way. I had to know if Hector and Noelle would not only get together, but would they get the bad guy. The suspense aspect of the book was done just as well as the romance. I found myself drug along wondering who the culprit was and how were they going to catch him. I was so happy to see that it didn't take second place to the romance but moved along with it. I got so swept up in this book, it was just that great. The only thing I didn't like was how self- depreciating both the characters, I know it was to help move the story and bring the characters together to have them over coming yada yada yada, but I always want to slap characters like that. Even though I found myself frustrated by this I'm still giving this book 5 Books, because I loved it that much.




Disclaimer: I received this book via the publisher, this didn't effect my opinion or review


1 comment:

  1. I really need to get into that series.

    On another note I was given the Liebster Blog award and decided to pass it on to you!

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...