Friday, September 16, 2011

{Review} RED FOX By Karina Halle

RED FOXRED FOX
By Karina Halle
Publisher: Metal Blonde Books
Released: June 12, 2011
Genre: Fiction, Adult: Paranormal

In the for­got­ten town of Red Fox, New Mexico, a Navajo cou­ple is tor­tured by things unseen and by motives unknown. Wild ani­mals slink through their house in the dark, a bar­rage of stones pound their roof nightly, and muti­lated sheep car­casses are turn­ing up on their prop­erty. Armed with a cam­era and just enough to go on, Perry Palomino and Dex Foray travel to the des­o­late locale, hop­ing to film the super­nat­ural occur­rences and add cred­i­bil­ity to their flail­ing web­cast. Only their show has a lot more work­ing against them than just grow­ing pains. Tested by dubi­ous ranch hands, a ghost from Dex's past, and shapeshift­ing decep­tion, the ama­teur ghost hunters must learn to trust each other in order to fight the most ancient of myths...or die trying.

Review: This is the 2nd book in The Experiment in Terror series, and so far this series only gets better and better. I felt really bad for Perry as her life has seemed to have taken a down turn, she loses her job and has to lie to her parent to keep the peace. The bright spot in her life is Dex and the internet show they work on together. The show takes Perry and Dex to New Mexico right in the middle of the dessert. Navajo myths abound and while I'm not big on Native American mythos, I found this really interesting.
I was pulled into this story, not just because of the paranormal aspect but the budding romance between Perry and Dex, or what I hoped becomes romance. I think these two would make a cute couple.
I think Perry and Dex grow some in this book as they both deal with a lot. While I want to see them grow and mature, I hope it doesn't effect their attitude to much because I love their snarky back and forth commentary.
You get a small look into Dex's background in this book, yet Perry's is still hinted at and tiptoed around.  But this does help explain the way Dex acts.
Ms Halle did a great job with this book, even though I never was really interested in Native American myths I found myself pulled in wanting to know more. There's a bit of a mystery with this book, I really wanted to know who was behind the "haunting". I kind of figured it out before the end, but had to finish the book because I was just that enthralled by everything.  Ms Halle weaves an excellent story I can't wait to read more of this addictive series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.