Wednesday, September 14, 2011

{Review}Darkness Falls

Darkness Falling: The Forever Twilight Series
Darkness Falling: The Forever Twilight Series
by Peter Crowther
Publisher: Angry Robot
Pub Date: 09/27/2011
Genre: FICTION - ADULT: Horror, Sci Fi,


Zombie monsters struck from the mold of countless drive-in B movies supply mayhem and gore in Darkness Falling. Their onslaught is heralded one day by a predawn flash of unearthly light that cuts off middle-American everyville Jesman's Bend from communication with the outside world. When four employees of local radio station KMRT investigate, they find the town mysteriously depopulated, apparently in the middle of regular routines. Familiar folk reappear shortly afterward, all wearing concealing sunglasses and gloves and driven by malignant alien motives revealed when they descend en masse upon the terrified foursome . . .

Review: An extremely frustrating book. Multiple points of view, which in itself didn't bother me, the problem was that they seemed randomly strewn through the book. They didn't farther the plot in fact I found it made the book more confusing. The flow was screwed up in a couple places which is something that bugs me to no end. A doors closed behind some one then it's open so the creatures can get in. This is something that will jar me right out of the book, no matter what.
I couldn't related to any of the characters, and the book leaves a million questions unanswered. I get that it's supposed to be book 1 in a series, but I would've like a little closure. Multiple time I found myself ready to just give up, but didn't and finished the book due to sheer curiosity which gave way to anger when I got to the end. I couldn't believe the ending. The story itself would have been good if it had settled on a group of characters and followed through. I did like the concept, but felt it could have been delivered better.


Disclaimer: I received this book from NetGalley and was not required to provide a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.