Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bloodstone Book Tour: Tina Interviews Nancy

Tina Interviews Nancy

I admit it: Sometimes the voices in my head take over. When Tina, Vicky's teenage zombie sidekick, heard I was doing a blog tour to promote Bloodstone, she demanded a chance to interview me. Here's our conversation:

Tina: So, my first question is the one that everybody really wants to know: How come I’m not the main character of the series? I mean, Vicky’s got an interesting life and she saved Boston and all that, but come on. Who wouldn’t want to read about a teenage zombie with awesome fashion sense who's also an apprentice demon slayer? Seriously.

Nancy: You're not an apprentice demon slayer. Not now, anyway. You quit to become a pop star, remember?

Tina: Yeah, but that didn't work out, so it's beside the point. Answer my question.

Nancy: You didn’t even show up until I was halfway through the first draft of Deadtown. Didn’t your mother ever tell you it’s important to be on time?

Tina: Wait. Are you saying you weren’t going to put me in at all?

Nancy: I didn’t even know about you. But once you blasted into the story, you were . . . how should I put it . . . you were impossible to ignore. You pushed your way into the very first chapter.

Tina: First paragraph, you mean.

Nancy: True.

Tina: And once I got there the rest of the book wasn't about me—why?

Nancy: It's Vicky's story. Let's move on.

Tina: Okay, my next question is . . . (consults list) what’s your favorite thing about me as a character?

Nancy: Well, you’re not shy. As soon as you enter a scene I know something, um, interesting is going to happen.

Tina: You mean like when I followed Vicky into that client’s dream?

Nancy: Yeah. And then you incinerated the client’s mother with a flamethrower and set his dreamscape on fire.

Tina: Oh, right. Well, how about the time I helped Vicky get rid of a Glitch in that MIT supercomputer?

Nancy: Wasn't that also the time you tried to drown Vicky's client in a sink in the men's room?

Tina: I don't care if he was a professor, that blood bag was a jerk. He tried to rip Vicky off!

Nancy: You're a walking source of conflict, Tina. But that means you keep things interesting.

Tina: So if you're ever thinking about starting a spinoff series and you, like, need a central character . . .

Nancy (rolls eyes): I'll keep you in mind.

Tina: Cool. Next question: How can I get Vicky to take me back as her apprentice?

Nancy: I thought you were busy writing your memoirs.

Tina: Yeah, but I haven't got much to write about. I eat, go to school, eat, hang out in Deadtown, eat, eat some more . . . blah, blah, blah. When I was Vicky's apprentice I got to do some exciting stuff. You know, stuff that would sound good in my memoirs.

Nancy: Like torching that client's dreamscape.

Tina (enthusiastically): Yeah, like that! So, like, write it so that Vicky says, “Wow, I really need an apprentice. I wonder if Tina's available. Maybe I'll, like, beg her to come back.”

Nancy: It doesn't work like that. The only reason I can do an interview with you is that Deadtown's characters are real in my mind. You guys are your own people. You have your own thoughts, your own personalities, your own ways of doing things. If I try to force somebody to do something that's out of character, I get stuck.

Tina: But can't you just—?

Nancy: What would happen if I tried to force you to do your homework, each and every day, the first thing after you got home from school?

Tina: I wouldn't do that.

Nancy: Exactly. And I can't force Vicky to take you back unless she wants to. Here's the problem: Vicky doesn't believe you're serious.

Tina: I am.

Nancy: Then convince her of that. Keep studying your demonology textbook. Show her you can be mature and responsible. Maybe that will change her mind.

Tina (looks dubious): I suppose I could try it. So, like, I've got one more question. What's going to happen with me in book four?

Nancy: You mean Darklands?

Tina: Yeah, the one that'll be out next summer. I figure asking you is better than reading my horoscope.

Nancy: Well, you start causing trouble for Vicky in the very first chapter.

Tina: Awesome! So maybe she does take me back. I'd better go study that demonology book. Byeeeee!

____________________________________
Bloodstone, the third novel in Nancy Holzner's Deadtown series, is now available. For information on Nancy and her books, visit her website. You can also find Nancy on Facebook and Twitter, and blogging with other fantasy authors at Dark Central Station.



BLOODSTONE
By Nancy Holzner 
Book 3 Deadtown Series
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Ace
Release date: September 27, 2011
ISBN-10: 044102100X
 ISBN-13: 978-0441021000
Boston’s diverse South End is known for its architecture and great restaurants, not its body count. So when mutilated human corpses begin turning up in the area, the entire city takes notice. The killer—dubbed the South End Reaper—uses a curved blade for his grisly work. And even though there’s no real evidence pointing to a paranormal culprit, the deaths are straining the already-tense relations between Boston’s human and inhuman residents.
As the bodies pile up, Vicky, her formidable aunt Mab, and her werewolf boyfriend Kane investigate, only to find that the creature behind the carnage is after something much more than blood…

Nancy is offering 5 book giveaways- 5 winners.
Each of five winners gets his/her choice of a signed copy of Deadtown, Hellforged, or Bloodstone.
This giveaway is open to US only
Make sure to follow Nancy and Bewitching Book Tours:

To enter fill out the form below this giveaway is tour wide so the more hosts you visit the more entries you can have.





1 comment:

  1. Good morning! Thanks for inviting me to stop by. I hope your readers will have fun with this conversation between Tina and me. Thanks also, for reading and reviewing my series. So glad to hear you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...