{Review} Promissory Payback by Laurel Dewey

Promissory PaybackPromissory Payback
by Laurel Dewey
Publisher: The Story Plant
Released: August 2, 2011
Genre: Fiction Adult: Mystery, Suspense

Laurel Dewey’s Detective Jane Perry is quickly becoming one of the most distinctive, dynamic, and unforgettable characters in suspense fiction today. She’s rock hard, but capable of extraordinary tenderness. She’s a brilliant cop, but she’s capable of making life-altering mistakes. She’s uncannily talented, and she’s heartbreakingly human.

In this novelette, Jane is called in to investigate the gruesome murder of a woman who profited greatly from the misfortunes of others. The case leaves Jane with little question about motive...and with a seemingly endless number of suspects.

Review: This was a decent story. Jane was a very real, believable character. Every thing was old fashion detective work, no real crazy forensics stuff. Jane just used the evidence and her know how to solve the case. I liked the mystery part of the book, but felt sorry for all the people the victim scammed. I had to wonder if they would get what they deserved or not. I was also left wondering about Jane and would like to know more. I was just left with the feeling that there was more to her than met the eye.

Disclaimer: I received this book through Partners In Crime Book Tours via the author.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.