Saturday, January 28, 2012

{Review} Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3) by Karina Halle

Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)
by Karina Halle
Publisher: Metal Blonde Books
Released: October 13th 2011
Genre:Fiction- YA with adult themes- Horror

With the Experiment in Terror show finding some success, amateur ghost hunters Perry Palomino and Dex Foray embark on their most terrifying investigation yet. A tiny, fog-shrouded island in the rough strait between British Columbia and Washington State has held a dark secret for decades: It was a former leper colony where over forty souls were left to rot, die and bury each other. Now a functioning campground, Perry and Dex spend an isolated weekend there to investigate potential hauntings but as the duo quickly find out, there is more to fear on D’Arcy Island than just ghosts. The island quickly pits partner against partner, spiraling the pair into madness that serves to destroy their sanity, their relationship and their very lives.

Review: I actually read this awhile ago but haven't had time to write up the review. I've become totally addicted to this series. I was completely thrilled when Ms Halle offered the books for free, even if it was only for a short time. I'm not ashamed to say I took advantage of it.
Ms Halle's work is very dark and in this book Perry and Dex go to an island where there was a leper colony. This story actually has a bit of a mystery wound in it as well. Having Dex and Perry alone on an island added to the scare factor. With freaky little kids, dead women, and ghosts galore all within this isolated island. Did I mention they were basically stranded on this island. Perry has to deal with all this, plus her growing attachment to Dex. FYI there is a scene in here that is not suitable for under 17. I was left with a lot of questions on where the relationship was going. I felt like it progressed two steps forward, then fell back a hundred.
I loved the story itself, and how Ms Halle used the ghost story and mystery. I was riveted trying to figure out Mary's deal. Why was she on the island and what was her back story as well as that of the little girl and the other ghost on the island. I was pulled into this book, as I have been this entire series. Everything moves along so well and so fast I was on the edge of my seat for most of the book. If you like scare your pants off books definitely pick up this one because it will do that and then some. Just don't read it before bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.