Wednesday, January 11, 2012

{Review} Mirror, Mirror

Mirror, Mirror
By Majanka Verstraete
Released:October 27, 2011
Genre:Fiction, YA- Horror

Piper is nearly as obsessed with antiquities and century-old houses as her mother is. It's no surprise that she immediately falls in love with the old mirror she discovers on the attic of their new home. Despite the warnings of her best friend Alison, who senses something isn't quite right about Piper's newest discovery, she puts the mirror in her bedroom.

Tormented by nightmares and haunted by eerie voices in the middle of the night, Piper realizes she has made a terrible mistake. But is it really the fault of that antique mirror, or is her imagination playing tricks on her? Maybe the truth is even more terrifying..

Review: This was a freaky book for me at least, I already have this thing about mirrors in the dark. Piper is a young woman who I can kind of relate to. Her father passes. Her mother is obsessed with old things to a point that is obsessive. They move from old fixer up to fixer up as Piper's Mother works on them then gets bored. To make matters worst she now has to deal with all this supernatural stuff on top of homework and teen angst.
While the pacing with the paranormal worked well, I felt that the story as a whole was slow to build up. Or perhaps I was just anxious to see what would happen. I found all the spooky stuff interesting and had to keep reading to find out how Piper and her friends dealt with it all.
Disclaimer I received this book from the author.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.