Wednesday, March 7, 2012

{Review} A Brush of Darkness (Book 1 Abby Sinclair Series) By Allison Pang

A Brush of Darkness
Book 1 Abby Sinclair Series
By Allison Pang
Publisher:Pocket
Released: January 25th 2011
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Urban Fantasy, paranormal

The man of her dreams might be the cause of her nightmares.

Six months ago, Abby Sinclair was struggling to pick up the pieces of her shattered life. Now, she has an enchanted iPod, a miniature unicorn living in her underwear drawer, and a magical marketplace to manage. But despite her growing knowledge of the OtherWorld, Abby isn’t at all prepared for Brystion, the dark, mysterious, and sexy-as- sin incubus searching for his sister, convinced Abby has the key to the succubus’s whereabouts.

Abby has enough problems without having this seductive shape-shifter literally invade her dreams to get information. But when her Faery boss and some of her friends vanish, as well, Abby and Brystion must form an uneasy alliance. As she is sucked deeper and deeper into this perilous world of faeries, angels, and daemons, Abby realizes her life is in as much danger as her heart—and there’s no one she can trust to save her.

Review: This was such a good book, I didn't want it to end. I adored Abby. She was witty, tough and stubborn. Her flaws made her even more real, and empathic. Some of the things she dealt with tugged at my heartstrings. I found myself wanting her to succeed and over come everything thrown at her.
The world building in the book was awesomely done. I loved all the different creatures and magical things weaved into it. At first I found Brystion to be a jerk, but as the story progressed I grew to like him.
The story was wonderful, I didn't want to put it down. I was dragged along with Abby, I wanted to know what was going on. Ms Pang led me along with tiny tidbits here and there, just pulling me deeper and deeper into this world she had created. Not only was there a mystery to solve it was also humorous at times which helped to break up and lighten the story when needed. Several times I laughed out loud.
This book has it all, humor, mystery, and even a little romance. If your a fan of Urban Fantasy check this book out.

Disclaimer: I received this book from the author via Bewitching Book Tour.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! I finished the second one not a while ago and I loved it, even better than this one. I hope you could read it soon! Great review

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...