Friday, March 23, 2012

{Review} Eve Eden Vs The Zombie Horde By Suz Korb

Eve Eden Vs The Zombie Horde
By Suz Korb
Genre: Fiction- YA: Paranormal

Kidnapped by a vampire, epically farted on by a pug and dragged through the pits of Hell. Welcome to Eve Eden’s world in the small and strange town of Twin Forest.

Eve has goals. She has dreams and ambitions that don’t involve staying in this weird, podunk town. When supernatural forces collide, dropping her into the heart of England, she’s not pleased. When Eve said she wanted to get the heck out of dodge, she didn’t mean getting transported into a castle dungeon.

A hellish incident turns Eve’s hair white. She can’t explain a slight attraction to a vampire who’s been sent to kill her. Can life get any worse? Apparently it can, because just around the corner at Twin Forest’s cemetery…

waits the zombie horde.

Review: Ok this book was interesting in the beginning. I was pulled in and everything was pretty good. Eve has no idea whats going on she's kidnapped by a cute vampire boy, Nathan, where he keeps her basically his prisoner for several day until she is able to get her strength and her friends find her. After that it gets confusing. She ends up going through hell, for no apparent reason. Her adult friend Bubbles, yeah Bubbles, is with her and so is Bubbles pug Thunderbug. The pugs farts and takes out Nathan, who kidnapped Eve in the beginning. Anyway after going through Hell ending up somewhere else at the hands of evil vampires they suddenly are back and everything right where they left off. Then the whole evil vampire thing doesn't get mentioned ever again in the book although at the end she does run back into Nathan.
I accept this book because of the zombie part but even though it's call Eve Eden vs The Zombie Horde the zombies get very little action time. Not to mention there are a bunch of things about Eve herself that are left unanswered. By the end I had no idea what was going on and absolutely no closure. I read to the very end and don't really know any more about the characters than I did going in. Other than Eve has awesome powers and there's something going on in Twin Forests that nobody's talking about. The ending was just as confusing and left me with even more questions.
The plot did keep me reading but only because I wanted answers which I never got. The characters weren't great and Eve kind of irked me. I really couldn't get a feel for her because there was no real depth, at least in my opinion. There was no background on Eve or her parent and every time you think your going to even get a small tidbit of information something interrupts them. It made me feel like the author had no idea why Eve was the way she was and just decided to dodging the whole topic.
The worst thing was I really wanted to like this book because it had a good idea, just not a good delivery. 


Disclaimer: I received this book from the author via Bewitching Book Tours.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you didn't like my book. I can say that it's the first in a trilogy, so unanswered questions are all revealed by the 3rd installment. But of course you're probably not going to want to read them anyway! lol

    Ah well, thanks for hosting a review on my tour. You're a star :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...