Friday, March 9, 2012

{Review} Initiation By Imogen Rose

Initiation
By Imogen Rose
Released: December 25th 2011
Genre: Fiction- YA (16- up):Paranormal

Welcome to Bonfire Academy!

Set in the foothills of the alpine mountains in St.Moritz, this exclusive private school caters to a special kind of student. Enter at your own risk... but if you are human, you may not want to enter at all.

WARNING: This YA story is set in a school for paranormals who are very different from normal human teens. Thus, the language and some scenes might not be appropriate for younger YA readers. Recommended for those sixteen and above.

Review: I had mixed reactions to this book. I really enjoyed the world building and the different creatures interaction. There's a lot going on in this story.
I felt the main plot was what was going on with Faustine, even though Cordelia was the main character. Her mentoring and helping Faustine seemed to be the main thing in the story. I really liked seeing Faustine grow from a shy preteen into a confident teenager as the story progressed. Second there was the whole thing with the shifters. Which had all sorts of twist and turns to it. I actually found this more interesting than the other stuff going on in the book. Then there was the love triangle thing between Cordelia, Jagger and Quinn. I have to be honest I didn't like this at all. I found it to be a little much for a YA book so I'd suggest following the warning on this book for 16 & up. Because some of the content is a little adultish. Although even if the whole thing had been in an adult book, I still wouldn't have liked the whole thing I felt Cordelia was leading Quinn on and should've given him his walking papers before things progressed with Jagger. But this whole relationship aspect is just a subplot to the Faustine thing. So I'm not going to get into it to much.
I like the characters for the most part Cordelia had some thing about her I didn't care for but she was a demon so I gave her leeway. I did like how strong and protective she was, and how she took care of her friends. I liked Faustine who was sweet and naive at the beginning yet matured through out the book. I liked Jagger, who I found interesting. Yet Quinn seemed like just an extra background character even though he was Cordelia's boyfriend.
Over all this was an interesting story with twist, turns and all sorts of supernatural creatures in a unique world.
Disclaimer: I received this book from the author via Bewitching Book Tours.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh that cover is so pretty! I've never heard of this book before, but maybe I'll check it out! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...