Thursday, March 22, 2012

Until Next Time Book Tour: Guest Post by Amy Lignor


Why Angels?

I know. In a world that has been running on the ‘fanged ones’ for quite some time now, it’s a lot of fun to see the ‘winged ones’ trying to edge them off the top rung of the ladder. But angels were actually the only choice for me, because Matt and Emily had lived in my imagination for a long, long time.

Everyone knows about being a teenager. They know about the heartbreak, the desire to get out of their hometown, the need for a driver’s license to get that taste of freedom - all of those things just sort of come with being a teenager. When I was thirteen I wanted all that so badly I could taste it - just as strong as a vampire can taste all that blood.

When I lost my grandfather who was simply the greatest man in the world, Matt came into my life. He wasn’t a ‘glistening’ being. No choirs sang in the background when I saw him in a dream, and there was no exchange of vows, or yearnings for him to be a boyfriend. When I saw Matt, he was a friend. I asked him a lot of questions and he guided me through a world I’d never seen before. And I wrote those ‘escapes’ into journals that I kept by my bed.

About ten years ago those journals were resurrected after I lost my father, because I recognized Matt again. The dreams happened, and even though I was a whole lot older he was still the same, with the mess of blonde hair that went in every direction, like he was caught in the sudden backlash of a pack of angels when they took off. Apparently, he was my strength and courage, and for some reason I always remembered him calling me Em, and not Amy.

When Until Next Time came to the computer screen, I wanted to tell Matt’s story. I wanted him to be allowed to have that taste of freedom we all wanted when we were younger, and I wanted to really see what he would do with it.

Human emotions are the most difficult things to deal with. I still love that line from the movie, Contact, when a ‘being’ was talking about our species. He said that he thought humans were the most confusing creatures, because we were capable of such wondrous dreams and such horrific nightmares all at the same time. I was wondering what my warrior - who was purely innocent - would do when faced with a world that had very real nightmares. He had a job where his role was defender, judge, jury and executioner, and he was suddenly thrust into a world of desire, jealousy, secrets, lies, and passion.

Matt and Emily grew up in Until Next Time. They weren’t ready for it - none of us are. But watching them trying to keep their faith in each other in a world that’s attempting to rip them apart was beyond anything I could’ve imagined.

When I open up the computer to begin their next journey, they’re always a little bit older, a little bit wiser, and a little more broken than before - but their faith hasn’t changed. An the love triangle I wrote into the story was thought about a great deal, because I don’t want anyone to really know who Emily chooses as ‘the one,’ until the curtain falls. After all, this is a character who has a very unique quandary; she has a soul mate on earth as she does in heaven. So it will be interesting to see who readers ‘vote for’ as the ultimate soul mate.

In the end, I suppose I picked angels for various reasons. The biggest being that the warrior has been traveling in my mind for a long time. And his Emily came from a very real girl who’s now the mom of a teenager. I’ve gotten to be on both sides of the fence, so to speak, and watching my own beautiful girl turn into a young woman - and having the luck of being able to write with her and pass my angels down to her is a true blessing.

My journey isn’t done…and neither is Matt and Emily’s.

Until Next Time, Everybody.
Amy

Until Next Time: The Angel Chronicles, Book 1 Summary
How does a girl choose between the one who steals her heart and the one who owns her soul?

Matt and Emily were created for a specific job. Raised and trained as the ultimate angel/warrior team, they are sent down to save, defend, judge and forgive, depending on the 'life' they've been assigned. What they don't realize is that the power of human emotions, such as love, anger, passion and fear can take over even the best of souls, causing them to make mistakes and follow paths that lead to confusion and heartache.

When the reason for their training is finally revealed, the angel/warrior team find themselves thrust into a world they know nothing about. Matt takes over the life of Daniel, a young man with a great deal of baggage. Emily becomes Liz, a girl living in a remote village who relies on nothing more than her own strength to survive. A violent storm erupts one night, and framed in the window of Liz's establishment is a frightening face. Let in by the soul of a Good Samaritan, the two visitors bring with them a past full of secrets that could literally change an angel's path and a warrior's plans.

From murder to redemption, this angel/warrior team must find a way to keep the faith they have in each other in a world that's ripping them apart.

Amy Lignor's Bio:
Amy Lignor began her career at Grey House Publishing in northwest Connecticut where she was the Editor-in-Chief of numerous educational and business directories.

Now she is a published author of several works of fiction. The Billy the Kid historical The Heart of a Legend; the thriller, Mind Made; and the adventure novel, Tallent & Lowery 13.

She is also the owner of The Write Companion, a company that offers help and support to writers through a full range of editorial services from proofreading and copyediting to ghostwriting and research. As the daughter of a research librarian, she is also an active book reviewer.

Currently, she lives with her daughter, mother and a rambunctious German Shepherd named Reuben, in the beautiful state of New Mexico.

The Angel Chronicles web site:
http://www.the-angel-chronicles.com

The Angel Chronicles Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Angel-Chronicles/168932393209654

Until Next Time GoodReads page:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13319888-until-next-time

Amy Lignor's Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/alignor

Amy Lignor's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/HelloWritersAmy

Amy Lignor's Website:
http://www.thewritecompanion.com/

Amy Lignor's Blog:
http://hellowriters.wordpress.com/


Kindle buy link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071LLL2M/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tributebooks-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0071LLL2M

Nook buy link
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=dcSBhG3Rj8w&subid=&offerid=239662.1&type=10&tmpid=8432&RD_PARM1=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.barnesandnoble.com%252Fw%252Funtil-next-time-amy-lignor%252F1108191925%253Fean%253D2940014052627%2526itm%253D1%2526usri%253Duntil%252Bnext%252Btime%252Bthe%252Bangel%252Bchronicles


Smashwords buy link
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/126226?ref=tributebooks

2 comments:

  1. Shandy, thanks a million for hosting Amy today. I can virtually see the gust of wind from the angels' wings rustling Matt's hair - what a great image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shandy, thank you so much for having the angel/warrior team on your incredible site! I am honored to be here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.