Thursday, April 26, 2012

{Review} Dead and Beyond by Jayde Scott

Dead and Beyond
by Jayde Scott
Release Date: February 22, 2012
Genre:Young Adult- Paranormal
How I got it: Via Reading Addiction Blog Tours

Everyone keeps a dark secret. That's what Amber Reed realizes when her boyfriend Aidan turns her into a vampire against her will. When something goes terribly wrong and her friend disappears, the clock is ticking, the walls are closing in on Amber, and the stakes are getting higher as she finds herself the pawn in an ancient war between three powerful races fighting for supremacy.
Amber is about to find out who Aidan really is...and the secret is nothing she ever imagined.

Review: At first I was confused by this book. Which made it hard for me to get into. As I read more I felt like I was missing something. There was a lot of explaining as though this was the second book in a series, come to find out it was four. So if you decide to read this start at the beginning because I was lost. While the story was interesting and engaging, I couldn't immerse myself in it. I feel this was because I wasn't sure what was going on with certain things because I didn't read the other books. This left me unable to connect with the characters.
I did like Ms Scotts writing style and felt she is a good writer. But in the end I was left confused and pretty sure these books aren't my particular cup of tea.



*Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a member of Reading Addiction Blog Tours and a copy of this book was provided to me by the author. Although payment may have been received by Reading Addiction Blog Tours, no payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was no obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, publisher, publicist, or readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning Use of Endorcements and Testimonials in Advertising

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...