Book Tour H.E.A.R.T. Saga The Children Guest Post by Linna Drehmel

Hello, I am honored to be on your blog today. Let me introduce myself. My name is Linna Drehmel. I am fairly new to the publishing world but I have always been a writer. Even as a small child I was making up wild tales.
About ten years ago I got this idea for a great fantasy tale that I worked on here and there but I didn’t really take it too seriously, until a year ago, I felt it was time. I worked on this book and named it Mirrors Other Side. I was in the middle of writing that when I got the idea for H.E.A.R.T. Saga: The Children. The basic idea for the plot of one book came then it grew to three, now I have 5 books mapped out.
When is great story came to me I had this vision of a young woman with curly orange hair pushing a core drill in the ground with a small mountain side behind her. I felt her desperation, she knew something was wrong with the planet and had to know what it was. Very quickly after this the plot grew as well as the characters.
Being true to who I am, a plotter, I wrote an outline first. That took me about four weeks. I also mapped out my chapters.
I began to write the actual book and when I was at chapter 21 something odd happened to the story. My protagonist shifted.
The series started out as being about DraDonna, this copper haired woman and what she does to help her people, but at chapter 21 a minor character that I didn’t even really like changed and I fell in love with him. My Symon!
He is the leader for his people and he had to choose to do what was right for his people and set aside his own feelings. It was chapter 21 that I discovered just how beautiful his character was. This is when I started doing character profiles on my blog ‘Phoenix Rising’. I started with Symon.
I looked for a face, gave him a playlist, and figured out his past. I even have three short back stories on my blog for anyone to read. The first one on my blog is labeled Special Tuesdays Tale, but the title of the story is: The forbidden kiss. There is also: Burning, and Bonded.
It took me only 5 weeks to write the book. I found a great writing mentor, Lindsay Downs. She is a wonder write of military mysteries. She took me under her wing and encouraged me and taught me so much. I also did edits and found beta readers (word to the wise, be sure you pick beta readers you trust or you could end up with a mess) and in November my book and I found our home. Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly publishing. Sarah J. Davis and crew are more than just a publishing company, we are a family. They are so amazing, I feel so loved and welcomed there.
On February 29, 2012 Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly launched with four books, Ember by Madison Daniel, Ever Shade by Alexia Purdy, Mark of the seer by Jenna Kay and The Dark light anthology. Three of my stories when out in to the world in the Dark Light anthology. The stories are His first snow, The Darkon Prophecy and The Flaming Vengeance. I am so proud to have had my stories in this really great collection of stories.
On March 17, 2012 my book H.E.A.R.T. Saga: The Children was released alongside my publishing sisters Kyani Swanigan’s book EverLife. What a great day that was for me! I had so many great people down load it on their kindles or get the print copy then take a picture and say ‘look what I just got’
I love being an author. I will always be an author. I will never stop writing.
Thank you for having me on your blog!
Linna Drehmel
SciFi/Fantasy/Goth author with
Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly publishing
H.E.A.R.T. Saga: The Children
The Dark Light anthology
Let your light so shine!


H.E.A.R.T. Saga
The Children
By Linna Drehmel
DraDonna is the first person in more than 500 years to be born with copper colored hair on a planet that thrives on perfection. The people on this immaculate little world worship ‘The HEART’ which is a female intelligence that utterly controls the lives and minds of all of her children by supplying them with and addictive energy force that her children can channel into their bodies and use in their daily lives.
The HEART loses control over her children when DraDonna begins to have forbidden dreams that lead this young woman and her devoted husband DraDevon to discover the truth about their world and the HEART’s dark secret.

Excerpt:
“I have brought you here to warn you that there is not much time. You have to hurry, and there is someone among you that is not who they seem. This person is plotting something and will try to stop you to be sure that their plan is successful; by then it will be too late.” Tatiana hurriedly went on with her warning, her voice sounding weak. “Be careful in whom you confide, and do not wait for the gathering. If you do so this person will stop you from leaving.”
“But who is it?” DraDonna called to Tatiana’s rapidly fading figure.
“Free us…” was the only reply as the darkness once again gathered around DraDonna.
Author bio-

Linna Drehmel was born at the Mountain Home Air Force Base in Idaho in 1973 and grew up surrounded by military. Her father served for 22 years in the Air Force, her mother was a military police officer in the Marines, and her older brother served for 10 years in the Navy. She draws inspiration from her family's many years of proud service in the military. She has spent much of her life studying anthropology and has a particular fondness for archaeology. She loves to find ways to intertwine anthropological and archaeological themes into her writing. She also has a strong understanding of what the reader likes, as she herself is an avid reader.

 
 
 
 
linnadrehmel@yahoo.com
 
LinnaDrehmel@crushingheartsandblackbutterfly.com
 


Comments