Saturday, May 12, 2012

{Review} On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror #5) by Karina Halle

On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror #5)
by Karina Halle
Publisher: Metal Blonde Books
Release: May 13th 2012
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Paranormal, Horror

When the life you wanted has crumbled beneath your fingers, there’s nothing left to do but pick up the pieces and soldier on. You’ve done this before.
But what happens when you no longer feel like yourself anymore? When fires spontaneously start-up around you, when you hear growling coming from underneath your bed, and you no longer recognize your face in the mirror. What happens then?
Ghost-hunter Perry Palomino doesn’t have much time to find out. Now, the evil she used to hunt is a lot closer to home. It’s inside of her, taking over her life bit-by-terrifying bit, and there’s only one person who can help her.
If part of her doesn’t kill him first.


Review: I have been waiting with baited breath for this book. With the cliff hanger ending in Lying Season and the situation between Perry and Dex I couldn't wait to see what would happen. This installment of the EIT series centers mainly on Perry and her own haunting. She has to deal with a lot in this book and unlike the other installments she doesn't have Dex to lean on. Throughout the series I've been a big Dex/ Perry supporter, so when Perry turns to Maximus, Dex's friend from Red Fox, I was conflicted. I know she was mainly doing it for comfort, but it didn't feel right. Later in the book I felt Maximus true colors show themselves any way. Dex pops up toward the end of the book, right when I was wondering if he ever was coming into the picture. I think for the first time in this series you get a good look at the real Dex. 
While I didn't find this book as scary as the others, it felt more like a bad possession movie than a good ghost story. Which disappointed me slightly, yet didn't completely dampen my interest in this series. I already loved the characters, and cared about what happened to them. My already ingrained love of Perry made this a nail biter and I found myself reading as fast as I could to find out what would happen next and what was going on with her. A lot of questions are answered, which was nice even if some of them opened up several new cans of worms. Sadly once again Ms Halle leaves us with a cliffhanger ending, which means I will be waiting on pins and needles for the next book. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...