Wednesday, May 23, 2012

{Review} Supernaturally Kissed (Frostbite #1) by Stacey Kennedy

Supernaturally Kissed (Frostbite #1) 
by Stacey Kennedy 
Publisher:Ellora's Cave 
Released: January 5th 2012 
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Paranormal Romantic Suspense 
How I got it: I received a copy from the author


Ghosts harass and annoy Tess to save their souls. Sometimes she helps them. Other times she ignores them. But one ghost will give her no choice. Kipp, a former cop with the Memphis Police Department, will stop at nothing to gain her help, including using his ghostly charms to seduce her. 
Tess must help solve the five-year-old cold case of Hannah Reid’s disappearance, because solving the case will save Kipp. But a bigger problem presents itself. Tess is falling in love with a ghost. Now she must decide. Keep Kipp forever, or find the killer.

Review: I found this book very interesting. Tess is a medium who doesn't really want to be. She's spunky and has girlish qualities, yet is tough when she needs to be. Kipp is a ghost, a hunky and very alpha ghost. Both of them are likable and as the book progresses you want them to be together. Ms Kennedy gets very creative when getting them together. Kipp and Tess can't touch so they have to find ways to get around this so their relationship can progress.
This is the second book I've read where police work kind of takes a backseat as you can just ask the dead person who dunit. Although when the ghost doesn't know but can give you clues, there is still something for the cops to do. Still I liked the mystery aspect, and even I didn't figure out who it was until almost the very end.
I enjoyed Ms Kennedy's way of writing and that she tried to keep things real, which helped bring the book together. Kipp and Tess make a great team, I can't wait to start reading book 2.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...