Thursday, June 28, 2012

{Review} Vigilare: Hell Hound by Brooklyn James

Vigilare: Hell Hound
By: Brooklyn James
Publisher: Arena Books
Released: April 29, 2012
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Thriller How I got it: Sent an ARC by author

A red hue emerges, where once it was only emerald green!

Now accepting of her position, Vigilare is propelled into a twist on Greek Mythology's Cerberus―Hell Hound―a rival Vigilare with fire capabilities. ETNA harbored her blood. Have they created a monster they cannot control? Along with her motley crew, the dashing Detective Tony Gronkowski, wily hematologist Dr. Godfrey and suspicious Emily Truly, Vigilare comes face to face with her past in the form of the hellish one.

As the city of New Orleans and its Gambini mafia family are under siege with Vigilare drones, the power hungry Emily wastes no time in solidifying her place in the ranks when she exposes Vigilare to the menacing Hell Hound. Newcomer, Maxim Kiesel, the steel blue-eyed prodigy graced with icy powers may very well be the antidote, or the ultimate traitor.

Will Vigilare give up her role, sacrificing her immortality to stop Hell Hound? The second in a trilogy, Vigilare: Hell Hound―when power is given, the true testament of one's character will rise.

Review: I have to admit the beginning of this book confused me. Ms James offers different names for some old characters which left me wondering if this featured new folks or what was going on. The flash backs didn't help either. Pushing on things straightened out and brought some old friends. Like in book one the plot pulls you in, and also as in book one I found myself annoyed by the head hopping. I think this was another reason for the confusion in the beginning.
I liked the strong female characters and you learn more about there backgrounds in this book. There were also a couple spicy scenes I wasn't expecting. With tons of twists and turns this is sure to keep you on your toes at least it did me. It's a fast read and quick paced, keeping you turning pages to find out what will happen. I really like the characters, finding them easy to understand. Even though they have a weird power you can still feel for them. This is a thrill ride and if you liked book one I think you'll love this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.