Tuesday, August 7, 2012

{Review} Darklands (Deadtown #4) by Nancy Holzner

Darklands (Deadtown #4)
by Nancy Holzner
Publisher: Ace
Release: July 31st 2012
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Paranormal, Urban Fantasy
How I got it: An ARC was provided by the publisher

They call it Deadtown: the city’s quarantined section for its inhuman and undead residents. Most humans stay far from its border—but Victory Vaughn, Boston’s only professional demon slayer, isn’t exactly human…
Boston’s demons have been disappearing, and Vicky’s clients are canceling left and right. While fewer demons might seem like a good thing, Vicky suspects foul play. A missing Celtic cauldron from Harvard’s Peabody museum leads her to an unwelcome conclusion: Pryce, her demi-demon cousin and bitter enemy, is trying to regain his full powers.
But Pryce isn’t alone. He’s conjured another, darker villain from Vicky’s past. To stop them from destroying everything she loves, she’ll have to face her own worst fear—in the realm of the dead itself.

Review: Have you ever had a book you get and can't wait to read? I mean you open the mail and start reading immediately. Well this was one of those. As soon as I opened the package and saw what it was, I started reading.
Victory Vaughn is a demon slayer who's running out of demons to slay, and someones trying to kill her. To add insult to injury someone keeps beating her to the punch. When they cross pathes in a clients dreamscape she learns her "cousin" Pryce is back and stealing her jobs to farther his horriable plans. Things go from bad to down right disastrous. 
Like the other books in this series I was pulled into Vicky's world. The book was fast paced and kept me reading until the end. I noticed some changed in Vicky in this book from the others mainly that she's fighting herself on how she feels about Kane. There was a lot of exploring her feelings for Kane in this, as well as all her guilt for what has happened in her life. 
Like the other books in this series I was drawn into the world Ms Holzner has created. I was upset by the cliff hanger ending, but can't wait to see what happens in the next installment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.