Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Book Tour: Contagious Guest Post by Emily Goodwin


Hi everyone! I learned a lot while writing Contagious - from how to handle criticism to bettering my time management skills. But it also gave me the opportunity to really think about what I would do if the world became overrun by zombies. Other than building an underground bunker in my back yard, I realized there are a few rather simple things that are necessary to stay alive. Since writing a book makes anyone an expert (or so I like to tell myself) I put together a list of the most crucial things to remember if you want to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Top Ten Things I Learned from The Contagium Trilogy:
1.) “Preparation is the key to survival”. Have an emergency food stash, weapons, and ammo at the ready.
2.) Avoid big cities. Large human population = large zombie population. 
3.) Be resourceful. Hotwiring cars, picking locks, and making Molotov cocktails in the basement with Grandpa might have gotten you arrested before the zombies, but those skills just might just save your life now. Learn how to adapt what you know.
4.) Wear appropriate clothing at all times. You don’t want to get stuck in the ZA wearing a sexy nurse costume and high heels. 
5.) Include a hot doctor in your group of survivors. God knows you’ll need medical attention at one point or another. It is the ZA after all. 
6.) Finding a group of good looking soldiers won't hurt either. Having others who know how to handle a gun increases your chances of survival.
7.) Safety in numbers…says zombies (they are quite fond of traveling in herds). When it comes to fast getaways, the more is not always the merrier, so know who in your group can slow you down. Be prepared to leave them or save them…repeatedly. 
8.) Know how to live off the land. Face it: all the supplies you’ve gathered is going to run out at some point. Knowing how to raise livestock, the ins and outs of farming, and how to identify edible wild plants will be the difference between life and death.
9.) Invest in high quality bow and arrows. Not only is killing zombies next to silent with the quiet whisper of a bow slicing through skulls, but you can get your ammo back. (Just remember to clean off the brain matter).
10.) And finally, under NO circumstances should you seek shelter from a tornado in a parking garage! Those places were creepy before the outbreak. Trust me when I say tornados, zombies, and blindingly dark parking garages DO NOT mix!

I would like to thank Shandy Jo for being a host on Contagious’ blog tour and allowing me to be a guest on her blog!

Emily Goodwin

Contagious
Book #1 in The Contagium Trilogy
Emily Goodwin

Genre: Occult horror/zombie

Number of pages: Approx 340
Word Count: Approx 120,000

Cover Artist: SweetDreams http://dream-sweetdreams.deviantart.com/


Book Description:

I wasn’t afraid of death. If I died, it would be over. My worst fear wasn’t of dying, it was of living. Living, while everyone around me had their flesh savagely torn from their bodies to be shoved into the festering and ever-hungry mouths of zombies. It terrified me, right down to my very core, to be alive while the rest of the world was dead."
In the midst of the Second Great Depression, twenty-five year old Orissa Penwell doesn't think things can get any worse. She couldn't be more wrong. A virus breaks out across the country, leaving the infected crazed, aggressive and very hungry.
Orissa will do anything-no matter if it's right or wrong- to save the ones she loves. But when she discovers that most of the world is infected or dead, she must decide if those lives are worth saving at all. 

Author Bio:

Emily Goodwin resides in Indiana, where she lives with her husband and many four legged children, including their much loved German Shepherd named Vader. Accused of being a day dreamer, Emily began writing at an early age, making use of her active imagination. She has a degree in psychology and is currently working on her second degree in nursing. Emily likes anything paranormal, 80's rock, going on crazy adventures with her friends, making (and wearing) costumes, Renaissance Fairs, and is an animal rights activist.






0emilygoodwin – Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...