{Review} Shades of Blood (Jude Magdalyn #3) by L.M. Pruitt

Shades of Blood (Jude Magdalyn #3)
by L.M. Pruitt
Publisher: Red Hot Publishing
Released: January 20th 2012
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
How I got it: From the author via Bewitching Book Tours

If it's not one thing, it's another. Felipe, one of New Orleans's most infamous--and crazy--vampires is back in town. And to say he's unhappy is an understatement. Duprees and Williams have to track down Felipe, fast, before he claims any more victims. If that means making a deal with the Devil--otherwise known as St. Germaine--and using an untrained dhampir, so be it. If that wasn't enough, I've also got rebellious teenagers, feuding couples, and a suddenly full social calendar. The more things change....


Review: Once again Ms Pruitt pulled me into Jude's world. I was enthralled with the plot, swept along as the action played out. As Jude dealt with everything not only her personnel stuff, but the people living with her and the newest vampire threat. I have to say I totally saw were the twin thing was going. I had a feeling as soon as it was announced in book two. Any way a lot of loose ends were tied up in this book. Elizabeth and Rain seem to be finally on the right track. Although little Celia tugged at my heart strings, showing just how much of a kid she really is. After book 2 it was a little nice to see her as a child, but I found it also sad as well as a little bewildering. I noticed that this book didn't have as much magic in it.
The suspense aspect was good, creative and action packed. I felt Ms Pruitt once again did a great job balancing the plot and subplots. As I said this did tie up some things, that I had been wondering about, yet it also ended with a bomb of epic proportion.

 

Comments