{Review} Impossible Realities: The Science Behind Energy Healing, Telepathy, Reincarnation, Precognition, and Other Black Swan Phenomena by Maureen Caudill

Impossible Realities: The Science Behind Energy Healing, Telepathy, Reincarnation, Precognition, and Other Black Swan Phenomena
by Maureen Caudill
Publisher: Hampton Roads Publishing Company
Released: September 1st 2012
Genre: Non-fiction- Adult: New Age, Physic phenomena
How I got it: Received a copy from the author via Bewitching Book Tour.

 "Impossible Realities" is the first book to examine the science behind psychic and paranormal activity. A former Defense Department expert on artificial intelligence, Maureen Caudhill provides evidence for a wide range of paranormal phenomena. "Impossible Realities" presents a wealth of anecdotal and empirical evidence to prove the existence (and power) of: psychokinesis (most famously spoon bending)remote viewing energy healing telepathy, animal telepathy precognition survival after death reincarnation Caudill presents the strongest case yet for bringing paranormal phenomena from the margins into the realm of the normal and credible. This is a book both for true believers and skeptics alike.

Review: I like to think I'm a pretty open minded person, yet I have to admit this book covers things I'm not sure I can believe  Part of me wants to believe the things in this book and to be honest I have met and know people, family members, who do believe and actually practice the things in this book.
With that said, I couldn't help but wonder why a woman with such a strong background in science would choose to believe in these things as well. Of course this is what the book tells us.
The book is very educational, especially if you are interested in this sort of phenomena. Each chapter takes on a different type of physic phenomena. I found the chapters on Energy Healing and Telempathy really interesting. To be honest I'd never even heard of telempathy before but out of all of them I get that one more than the others. Like Ms Caudill states many of these you kind of need to experience or see to believe  Ms Caudill offers lots of scientific studies which were enlightening.
Yet even broken down with how the studies are run, the statics, and findings. After all the information given to me by this book. I'm still not sure if I can believe. I'm more knowlegeable and I feel that is something, but I don't feel the book gave definitive hard evidence. Even though that's what the back claims. Still it's ok, because I think for some people they need more than words they need to see and that's the only way they will belive. I do feel the book offers people one way to look at things we don't understand, and make there own choice.  To me getting the information out there is half the battle.



Comments