Monday, December 17, 2012

{Book Tour} Dead Heart by R.L. King

The Shrinking Unknown

Hello Shandy Jo,

First, let me thank you for having me today, I am truly honored to be on Mama Knows Books where magic and the paranormal are both appreciated and celebrated.

I get asked every now and then, why do I write about ghosts? The easy answer is that I am interested in the unknown, and that is not limited to ghosts. In the last hundred years or so, we have uncovered most of the answers to age old questions. There are no more undiscovered cannibal tribes, uncharted islands with pirate treasure, and science fiction has to be based on actual science. I wrote a book called Parallel You, and I was told by several publishers that it would never work because they said a black hole will not transport a person to another dimension, it would pulverize the poor soul apart at a molecular level.

Times have changed since when all you needed to bring a corpse to life was a little lightning. I remember when the keys to time travel were a flux capacitor and a cool car. In a couple days, all the planets will line up in a neat row, our floating rocks will cross into the other half of the known galaxy, and no amount of human sacrifices can stop it. I imagine there were writers just like me a thousand years ago putting out good fiction about what lay beyond the drop-off at the edge of known flat earth. Now we know there are no monsters at the bottom of the sea and the moon is not made of cheese.

So with all our advances in technology and science, there are only a few subjects that remain unknown to this day. I can only think of a few such as death, space, magic, and dreams, so these are the things I like to write about and everyone here at Mama Knows Books love to read. Fear of the unknown is my business, and my job is to keep the reader on the fine line between the unknown and known.

It is the real unknowns about ghosts that draw us like moths to a porch light. There are plenty of ghost based reality shows on TV, but I believe they are looking in the wrong place. For me, the majority of ghosts exist in our minds. I still believe there are places that may be haunted for one reason or another, but it is the haunted human mind that fascinates me. I think that mental ghosts exist because on some levels we need them to exist. I think we need them so that our love is still attached to something. It is the same reason we talk to tombstones.

It is the same reason I still see my friend walking around in crowded places. At first glance I could swear it is him, but when I take a second look, I see it’s not him, and it makes me sad. He is my ghost, but that is a different story. Do you see ghosts?

-R.L. King


"Dead Heart by R.L. King" 
Publication Date: August 30 2012
Print Length: 259 pages
Publisher: 48fourteen (August 30, 2012)
ASIN: B0094GZ3W6

BOOK DESCRIPTION
Would you give someone your own beating heart so they may live?

That is the question Doctor Paul Vieyra will have to ask himself as his world comes crashing down around him, and the ghost of those who died on his operating table haunt his mind.
When Dr. Vieyra sister’s heart begins to fail and her life fade away, a new heart or surgery are her only chances for survival—a chance no doctor is willing to take. Dr. Vieyra will risk everything he has and more for his sister. He will need the help of both old and new friends along with his mental ghosts if he is going to overcome the incredible obstacles that stand in his way.
The clock is ticking. Will he be able to save his sister’s dead heart? What is he willing to risk?

Buy Links: 
  • http://www.barnesandnoble.com/read/2940015107401
  • http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Heart-ebook/dp/B0094GZ3W6
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
R.L. King was born in Grants Pass, Oregon, in 1978. King grew up in a poor mountain town. He and his family lived in an old school bus and shared an outhouse. They did not have a television until Reagan was re-elected.
King is the author of Two Bad Men (2005), Parallel You (2006), and Dead Heart (2007). These novels were created at the request of his friend who needed something good to read. King also published two short stories in 2010, for publishing credentials: The Tell-Tale Soul and The Water-Grave Redemption.
R.L. King currently resides in Oklahoma City, and works in the precious metals industry. He continues to write as late as he can most nights.
Author Links:


Social Media Links:facebook; rl.king.9@facebook.com
twitter; @rlking1goodreads; www.goodreads.com/user/show/12294225-r-l-king
blog; 48fourteen.com/users/rl-kingshort stories; www.necrologyshorts.com/the-tell-tale-soul/www.necrologyshorts.com/the-water-grave-redemption/



a Rafflecopter giveaway


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.