Attention Authors or anyone wanting a review: I am currently booked out to the end of May with several in queue. Please keep this in mind when requesting, especially if your book is time sensitive eg. a book tour or release.

Friday, January 18, 2013

{Book Review} Bring On The Night (WVMP Radio #3) by Jeri Smith-Ready

Bring On The Night (WVMP Radio #3)
by Jeri Smith-Ready
Publisher: Pocket Books
Released: July 27th 2010
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Urban Fiction
How I got it: Received a copy from the Publisher

WHAT’S BLOOD GOT TO DO WITH IT? Recovering con artist Ciara Griffin seems to finally have it all. A steady job at WVMP, the Lifeblood of Rock ’n’ Roll. A loving relationship with the idiosyncratic but eternally hot DJ Shane McAllister. A vampire dog who never needs shots or a pooper-scooper. And after nine years, it looks as if she might actually finish her bachelor’s degree!

But fate has other plans for Ciara. First she must fulfill her Faustian bargain with the Control, the paranormal paramilitary agency that does its best to keep vampires in line. Turns out the Control wants her for something other than her (nonexistent) ability to kick undead ass. Her anti-holy blood, perhaps? Ciara’s suspicions are confirmed when she’s assigned to a special-ops division known as the Immanence Corps, run by the Control’s oldest vampire and filled with humans who claim to have special powers. To a confirmed skeptic like Ciara, it sounds like a freak fest. But when a mysterious fatal virus spreads through Sherwood—and corpses begin to rise from their graves—Ciara will not only get a crash course in zombie-killing, but will be forced to put her faith, and her life itself, in the hands of magic.

Review: Yes! (Fist pump.) Zombies!! We all know my love for the shambling undead. So when I started reading and zombies or CA's as they are called in the book popped up I was totally stoked. Then I got to the part with the zombies and was disappointed, because they didn't do anything. Ugh. Although the twist with the bursting into flames when hit by sunlight was pretty interesting twist.
I figured at some point in the series Ciara was going to become a vampire, but not like this. I figured it would be more dramatic than mutant chicken pox- especially with as many enemies she made. In the beginning of this book, I was a little disoriented because it picks up about a year later and all sorts of stuff has happened. 
Lori and David are getting married, which is good for them.
Any way I did like that there was an adjustment period and not just bam I'm a vampire let's go drink blood. I was a bit saddened by what happened with her maker.
Over all another great book in the series although I wish the zombies had had a bigger part.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from folks, but lately most of it has been just spam. I'm going to moderate comments for a while, because I just don't want to deal with people who tack on garbage to their comments.