Wednesday, January 30, 2013

{Book Review} The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror #5.7) by Karina Halle

The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror #5.7)
by Karina Halle
Publisher: Metal Blonde Books
Released: August 13th 2012
Genre: Fiction- New Adult: Horror
How I got it: Bought it

The truth is out there... The Dex-Files is a compilation novel that accompanies the Experiment in Terror Series and is not to be-read as a stand-alone. In the Dex-Files we find a variety of scenes and chapters from the enigmatic Dex Foray's POV from books #1-6 in the series. Some of these scenes have been previously published, albeit from Perry's POV, while other scenes are completely new. In addition to it not being a stand-alone, the novel also contains some major spoilers and should be read only by those who have read all the published books in the series.
Book #1 - Darkhouse *Lighthouse Meeting *Pie Scene *Jenn and Dex
Book #2 - Red Fox *Bar Scene - extended *Playing Nurse
Book #3 - Dead Sky Morning *Strippers *Truth or Dare *Tent Scene
Book #4 - Lying Season *The Big Question *The Xmas Party
Book #5 - On Demon Wings *A Phone Call
Book #6 - Into the Hollow *Bailout

Review: This book is segments from the series, all told from Dex's point of view. So if you were ever wondering what the heck was Dex thinking now we know. Well not everything I have to admit there were times I wondered and those times aren't in here, but hey beggars can't be choosy.
The book starts off when Dex is young and follows the series time line giving us a glance at Dex's home life, teen years and then on to Darkhouse all the way through to Into the Hallow. I really liked seeing Dex's background and more information on his life before meeting Perry. The big thing that I thought was missing was from when Dex was in the mental hospital, I would've like to have seen that. I feel that would have been something readers would have been interested in knowing more about his time there.
I loved being able to get into the fantastical and distorted place that is Declan Foray's head. I have to admit seeing things from Dex's perspective wasn't what I expected. Revisiting some of the tear jerking moments in the series wasn't a walk in the park but it was well worth it. I can't wait to see what Ms Halle has in store for her next book.


 

2 comments:

  1. I love this author! I just finished reading her book, The Devil's Metal. Great Read. A strong 5 stars from me. Can't wait to start The Experiment in Terror series as well. I have the first book already on my Kindle ready to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Halle, is one of my favorite authors. I absolutely love the EIT series, but I haven't read any of her other works yet. I hope you enjoy the series too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...