Wednesday, January 16, 2013

{Book Review} Old Blood (Experiment in Terror #5.5) by Karina Halle

Old Blood (Experiment in Terror #5.5)
by Karina Halle
Publisher: Metal Blonde Books
Released: July 2012
Genre: Fiction- New Adult: Horror
How I got it: Bought

A haunting novella from the Experiment in Terror Series... From her harrowing introduction in Darkhouse, the spectre known as “Creepy Clown Lady” has been a constant fixture in Perry Palomino’s life. But beyond the horrid makeup and piercing stare lies Pippa, a woman just like everyone else. Well, not quite. When Perry discovered Pippa’s message to her and Dex on the EVP recordings, she thought she heard the last of the old woman’s message. She was wrong. In the novella Old Blood, Pippa relays the tale of her troubled and tortured past, revealing how an aspiring actress and loving mother fell into madness and how an unfathomable betrayal led to her untimely death. For Perry, the repercussions of her message are life-shattering. Old Blood is #5.5 in the series and occurs between books #5 On Demon Wings and #6 Into the Hollow.


Review: This is the story of Pippa, aka Crazy Clown lady. I was seriously surprised to discover that Pippa was actually Perry's grandmother. For some reason I felt she'd be related to Dex.
I wasn't crazy about Pippa she did a lot of things I disagreed with yet I have to say she was on strong lady.
The book gives insight into why Perry's mother is so hard on Perry and her take on the paranormal. While this doesn't excuse what she does to her own mother and daughter to a less extent. It does explain a lot. So while I still really don't like Perry's mother, I can now understand where she's coming from and why she is the way she is.
I really enjoyed the section of the book where we get a look at Dex's background. How he grew up and Pippa's interaction with him and why Pippa shows herself to him as well as Perry. This book gives a lot of insight into the history of Perry and Dex giving the reader a better grasp on the characters.
I have to add that I didn't like the whole veil thing and how Perry's families abilities are enhanced. I, personally, felt the books were much more interesting when it was about Perry and Dex, ghost hunting.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...