Attention Authors or anyone wanting a review: I am currently booked out to the end of May with several in queue. Please keep this in mind when requesting, especially if your book is time sensitive eg. a book tour or release.

Friday, January 25, 2013

{Book Review} Zombie Queen of Newbury High by Amanda Ashby

Zombie Queen of Newbury High
by Amanda Ashby
Publisher: Speak
Released: March 5th 2009
Genre: Fiction- YA: paranormal, zombie
How I got it: Bought it

Quiet, unpopular, non-cheerleading Mia is blissfully happy. She is dating super hot football god Rob, and he actually likes her and asked her to prom! Enter Samantha?cheerleading goddess and miss popularity? who starts making a move for Rob. With prom in a few days, Mia needs to act fast. So she turns to her best friend, Candice, and decides to do a love spell on Rob. Unfortunately, she ends up inflicting a zombie virus onto her whole class, making herself their leader! At first she is flattered that everyone is treating her like a queen. But then zombie hunter hottie Chase explains they are actually fattening her up, because in a few days, Mia will be the first course in their new diet. She's sure she and Chase can figure something out, but she suggests that no one wear white to prom, because things could get very messy.

Review: I found this to be a cute entertaining read. Being a nerdy girl in school myself I could identify with Mia. I got why she wanted to date Rob, even if he wasn't a great match. I liked the chemistry between Mia and Chase and how they gradually drifted together.
This aspect left me wondering if Mia would wake up and realize that Chase liked her was part of the reason I kept reading. I did like the different take on zombies in this book how they went through 3 staged and how they hated water. I felt this was a nice change of pace from zombies eat everyone or eat everyone's brains. Over all it was a fun quick read.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from folks, but lately most of it has been just spam. I'm going to moderate comments for a while, because I just don't want to deal with people who tack on garbage to their comments.