Wednesday, February 27, 2013

{Book Tour} Winter Shock by Sally Dubats

Title: Winter Shock
Author: Sally Dubats
Genre: Paranormal Fantasy

“Trenton drugged and kidnapped me. I was powerless.”

Cassie’s neighbors have secrets, and she is one of them.

A Witch taken against her will to an isolated, frozen wilderness on an impossible quest, Cassie defends herself against Trenton who has gone over to the dark side. One minute he’s adorable and charming, and the next weird, uncaring, and hostile. And now, Cassie fears for her life.

Winter Solstice draws near, and Cassie performs magical spells to gain clarity. Instead she is shocked by visions and mind jumps into the lives of strangers on the brink of disaster.

Why is she in a hostile, threatening wilderness? What is causing the horrific visions? Cassie discovers there is much more at stake than her own survival. To survive, she must overcome impossible odds.

Book two in "The Grimoire Chronicles" series, “Winter Shock” is a paranormal fantasy novel that you’ll never forget! If you love paranormal romance, urban fantasy, Witches and Wicca, paranormal mystery, paranormal horror, action and survival, “The Grimoire Chronicles” series is definitely for you!

Author Bio
Sally Dubats is a published author of a non-fiction compendium on the practice of witchcraft called Natural Magick: The Essential Witch’s Grimoire. Her current project is an 8-book fantasy series, The Grimoire Chronicles. The first two books are complete, and Veil Between Worlds and Winter Shock have received critical acclaim. She has held editorial positions for green non-profit organizations, and was the editor of a metaphysical newspaper for several years. Sally is Wiccan and continues to practice and research the Craft.



Book Excerpts
Excerpt #1
I opened my eyes, but I couldn’t move any other part of my body. It was dark. My obnoxious red hair fell across my face. My head and shoulders slumped forward, but I had no strength to sit or move my hair out of the way. I could look with my eyes, but even that was an effort.
Paralyzed?
My eyes wildly took inventory: a seatbelt across my chest, a steady hum, car door to my right.
Trenton!
Trenton was next to me. We were in a car. Driving.
I couldn’t move or speak.
Think, Cassie!’ But there was absolutely nothing I could do. Fear surrounded my heart like a dark tomb. I tried to calm my thoughts, to breathe, to meditate, but nothing had ever prepared me for anything remotely like this.
We were careening down a highway in the black night, chaotic white snow hitting the windshield in the darkness.
I remembered. Trenton had drugged and kidnapped me.
I was powerless.
I tried to put the pieces together, but nothing made sense. Trenton had changed in the space of a few days. One minute, he was the tender, considerate, kind Trenton I knew, and the next he was an intolerable monster. I was mentally beating myself up. I should have known something was wrong. Holly warned me. I didn’t listen. And now I was paying for it.
Was Trenton going to kill me? A wave of fear ripped through my heart.
I had to get control of my mind; it was my only weapon. I didn’t know where we were going, but it couldn’t be good. My thoughts battled to make sense of what was happening. I closed my eyes. The last terrifying days might give me insight to the biggest question racing through my mind: Why?
It started with a vision. The vision of a girl.

http://www.sallydubats.com

Twitter: @sallydubats

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sally.dubats




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...