Review request for books are out to Jan 2015

Friday, March 1, 2013

{Book Review} And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror #6.5) by Karina Halle

And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror #6.5)
by Karina Halle
Publisher: Metal Blonde Books
Released: February 14th 2013
Genre:Fiction- New Adult: Paranormal
How I got it: Bought it

The Man. The Mystery. The Madness.
Dex Foray has never been anyone’s fool – until he missed his chance for happiness with Perry Palomino. Broken and alone, Dex has no choice but to rise from the ashes Perry left behind and find his own path to redemption. But nothing in Dex’s life has ever come easily, especially when there’s a dark madness waiting in the wings. Told from Dex’s POV, And With Madness Comes the Light is short story/novella that spans the time period from the end of Lying Season (Book #4) until the end of On Demon Wings (Book #5). If you were ever wondering what really happened to Dex while Perry was gone - his journey to Dex 2.0 - now is your chance.

Review: I waited impatiently for this to release, then I had to wait a little longer for reason best not discussed here. So when I got my greedy little hands on Dex's tale I didn't waste anytime sitting down and reading it. Seriously I read the entire thing in one hour. The book spans from the end of book 4 and most of book 5. I say most of because it doesn't cover the very end or the car ride to Roman's. 
Now I love Dex, if I every considered having a book boyfriend it would be him, but the beginning of this book paints him as really pathetic. I know his heart was broken, and he was at the very rock bottom. With everything that happened you really couldn't blame him. After reading On Demon Wings, I know Perry wasn't any better off, well she didn't drink as much but I digress. I have to admit I did like seeing how Dex pulled himself up by his bootstraps and turned himself around. I'm a huge fan of seeing charater grow and change for the better. I really enjoyed watching Dex grow up.
This is a very fast read and it  focus on Dex emotions more than the story itself, kind of glossing over it. To me this wasn't a big deal since I knew what was going on. I have to stress that you really need to read this series in order to understand and get the best entertainment value from it. If you have read the other books then be prepared to have your heart strings tugged and I'll admit I got a bit misty eyed. Another emotionally charged read from Ms Halle, I can't wait for the next one.



1 comment:

  1. Ah, love Dex and his perverted mind! Glad you enjoyed!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from folks, but lately most of it has been just spam. I'm going to moderate comments for a while, because I just don't want to deal with people who tack on garbage to their comments.