Monday, March 25, 2013

It's Monday!!


Welcome to It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading! 
Hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey

This week was reading productive but not much else. I bought and proceeded to plow through 3 books. Which was actually kind of naughty of me since I should be working on review books. On the other hand I really want to turn TBR Mountain into TBR mole hill.

Currently Reading...
(Still Reading, I think I might need a small break from the series. It's really good but the beginning of the books are always slow.) Arcane Circle (Persephone Alcmedi #4) by Linda Robertson 
Even magic can’t solve everything. . . . After facing down the forces of Fairy in mortal combat, Persephone Alcmedi still must deal with the aftermath. Not only does Seph now possess deadly secrets she must hide from the arcane and mundane world alike, but the dozens of magical creatures who’ve taken up residence behind her cornfield need food and shelter, and there’s still her foster daughter Beverly’s tenth birthday party to plan. And that’s not all. . . . Seph’s boyfriend Johnny has revealed himself as the wærewolf Domn Lup, and the ruler of the wære world is en route from Romania to make sure Johnny really is the “king” he claims to be. But Johnny’s hiding a dangerous secret: his magic is locked in his mysterious tattoos. He and Seph must find a way for him to reclaim it—fast—despite those who have no intention of letting Johnny gain his full powers. Seph knows that, in the arcane world, strength is always a necessity and power must be constantly proven, but how far is she willing to go to succeed . . . and at what cost?

 (Still Reading. So far it's been ehh, hoping it will pick up soon.) UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale #1) by Chanda Hahn 
Mina Grime is unlucky, unpopular and uncoordinated, that is until she saves her crush's life on a field trip, changing her High School status from loser to hero overnight. But with her newfound fame brings misfortune as an old family curse come to light. For Mina is descended from the Brothers Grimm and has inherited all of their unfinished fairy tale business. Which includes trying to outwit a powerful Story from making her its next fairytale victim. To break the fairy tale curse on her family and stop these deadly events, Mina must finish the tales until the very Grimm end.



(Ok I'm not sure about this one, but I'm giving it a shot.)
The Z Word (Apocalypse Babes #1)by Bella Street Book One of Apocalypse Babes
The Z Word, follows Seffy Carter and her longtime friends Gareth, Addison and Lani. The four besties share a past dysfunctional and dark enough to keep them bound together under do-over identities. But like off-brand velour, rends develop in their relationships from the flesh-eating pressures of ending up in 1980, in a Montana desert, surrounded by zombies wearing dated disco duds.

(ARC) Eternally Devoted (Frostbite, #4) by Stacey Kennedy
Tess Jennings, who has been gifted with the ability to see ghosts, struggles to help the Grand Master of the Animus, Alexander, cross over. She might even have discovered who murdered him, but she has no way to prove it.
Adding to her pile of failures, Tess must accept a harsh reality—she has officially run out of time. The closer she gets to an answer to save her ghost lover, Kipp McGowen, the more she’s realizing she’s been searching for an answer she didn’t want to find.
Tess will have to make difficult choices, and her decisions will lead to consequences she cannot predict. Will Kipp finally take a living breath again, or will Tess take her last and join him in the Netherworld forever?

Finished This Week-
Heart of Ice by P.J. Parrish 
Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) by Amanda Hocking
On the agenda ... Well I really need to get reviews done but I'm also trying to clear out my TBR so...
 

4 comments:

  1. This is Not a Test seems really interesting, as does the Hollows series by Amanda Hocking.
    My Monday post :)

    ~Gabbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, very interesting. The first of the Hollow series is free on amazon, which is why I picked it up. I was hoping This is Not a Test had a sequel but it seems its a stand alone which is a little disappointing. I have another of Amanda Hockings books, Wake, I hope it's as good as the Hollow series. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. When I'm on a roll (of reading, these days a reading roll is rare, but they do happen) then I end up putting off reviewing because I'm afraid to disturb the reading roll, y'know? These reading rolls are infrequent, and therefore need to be encouraged, :)

    And, when I seem to be on a roll of reviewing, then if feels like I'm procrastinating on the reading. I just can't win! haha.

    Happy Reading to you!
    Good luck with both, and thanks for visiting my Monday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, only when I'm on a reading roll and I sit down to do a review my just goes blank. It's very frustrating. :)
      Thanks for stopping by and you are very welcome!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.