Wednesday, April 24, 2013

{Book Review} Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die #1) by Katie Alender

Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die #1)
by Katie Alender
Publisher: Hyperion
Released: June 22nd 2010
Genre: Fiction- YA: Paranormal, Ghost
How I got it: Bought it

When Alexis' little sister, Kasey, becomes obsessed with an antique doll, Alexis thinks nothing of it. Kasey is a weird kid. Period. Alexis is considered weird, too, by the kids in her high school, by her parents, even by her own goth friends. Things get weirder, though, when the old house they live in starts changing. Doors open and close by themselves, water boils on the unlit stove, and an unplugged air conditioner turns the house cold enough for the girls to see their breath. Kasey is changing too. Her blue eyes go green, and she uses old-fashioned language, then forgets chunks of time. Most disturbing of all is the dangerous new chip on Kasey's shoulder. The formerly gentle, doll-loving child is gone, and the new Kasey is angry. Alexis is the only one who can stop her sister -- but what if that green-eyed girl isn't even Kasey anymore?

Review:  I really liked Alexis her devotion to her sister was admirable. Even when things looked bleak she still did what she had to to save her family.  I've been creeped out by dolls ever since watching Chucky, so the doll part did seem a little freaky to me. The ghost possessing Kasey was a bit unnerving but over all the book wasn't that scary. Perhaps to someone younger it might be though. The plot moved along at a good pace and I was swept up in Alexis life. I could relate to the outcast label.
I felt bad for her, as her life was turned upside down by this thing happening to her sister. As the book progressed I really liked all the twists that bought the characters together dispute their cliques over all I enjoyed the book and thought it was well written.



2 comments:

  1. very interesting I will have to look into this book. Although, I don't know if I want to be creeped out or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think weather your creeped out or not will have to do with how you feel about old dolls and ghosts. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.