{Book Review} Fatal Circle (Persephone Alcmedi #3) by Linda Robertson

Fatal Circle (Persephone Alcmedi #3)
by Linda Robertson
Publisher:Pocket Books
Released:June 29th 2010
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Urban Fantasy
How I got it: Received a copy from the publisher

 Destiny sucks. . . . There was a time when Persephone Alcmedi thought her life was hard to manage, what with wondering how to make sure she took adequate care of both her grandmother and her foster daughter, Beverley, whether she'd end up in the unwanted position of high priestess of a coven, and whether her werewolf lover, Johnny, would resist the groupies who hang around his band Lycanthropia. But that was before the fairies started demanding that Seph's frightening, unpredictable ally - the ancient vampire Menessos - be destroyed . . . or the world will suffer. Seph and Menessos are magically bonded, but that's a secret she dares not reveal to her fellow witches lest they be forced to reject her and forbid her use of magic. And, despite the strain this casts on her relationship with Johnny, as a showdown with the fairies nears, she and Menessos badly need the werewolves as allies. Life, death, and love are all on the line, but when destiny is calling, it doesn't help to turn away. With the individual threads of their fates twisted inextricably together, can Seph, Johnny, and Menessos keep the world safe from fairy vengeance?

Review:  While still keeping with Seph's usual antics, I felt the beginning of this book was slow going. All the posturing, heavy handed maneuvers, plotting, planning, and Menessos power plays, just bugged me. Like Seph I just wanted him to spit out what she needed to know. In short the beginning was boring for me. I did like getting a better look into Johnny's life and the werewolf side of things. Although I felt bad for Johnny and the way things turned out.
Seph does seem to grow into her role, more in this book. I felt like the weight of her responsibility was really starting to show. The battle with the fairies put me on the edge of my seat. I found it interesting that the elementals were mythical creatures. While informative I felt the main reason for this book was to let Johnny come into his own. I have to admit I'm interested to see where the series goes from here and just what Seph plans to do with the creatures.

Comments

  1. Glad it picked up for you at the end. I really don't like slow starts, it's hard to stay interested in a book when things seem to move so sssllloooow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah but it was worth hanging in there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.