Tuesday, April 2, 2013

{Book Review} Hollowland (The Hollows #1) by Amanda Hocking

Hollowland (The Hollows #1)
by Amanda Hocking
Publisher: Self
Released: October 5th 2010
Genre: Fiction- New Adult:  Post Apocalyptic, zombies, horror
How I got it: Downloaded free copy from Amazon

"This is the way the world ends - not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door."
Nineteen-year-old Remy King is on a mission to get across the wasteland left of America, and nothing will stand in her way - not violent marauders, a spoiled rock star, or an army of flesh-eating zombies.

Review: I loved Remy! Her spunk, loyalty, and strength were just some of her great character qualities. Perhaps to a little bit of a fault. I mean at points she has a pessimistic view, or maybe realistic view given that the world has basically ended, but she still keeps trying to hold her friends together while trying to find her little brother.
To be honest, this isn't much different from most zombie books. The main characters are struggling to survive in a hostile world. The zombies were a bit different from others in that I'm not sure if they were dead, dieing or just infected. I mean some clearly were dead, but others... I just wasn't sure. For the most part this was a standard zombie tale, although the ending while not surprising was unexpected.
Over all good characters, decent plot and a fun read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.