Friday, April 5, 2013

{Book Review} Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) by Amanda Hocking

Hollowmen (The Hollows #2)
by Amanda Hocking
Publisher: Fraggin Aardvark
Released: November 10th 2011
Genre:Fiction- New Adult: Post Apocalyptic, zombies
How I got it: Bought it on Amazon

The sequel to Hollowland.... After six months in the quarantine, Remy finds out things are much worse than she feared. Her plans to escape come with a heavy cost, and she realizes that zombies aren't the worst of her problems.

Review:I bought this right after finishing book 1, I had to know what happened to Remy after she saves her brother. I cringe just thinking about it. This is not for the squeamish or faint of heart. Like I said about book one this is your basic zombie tale, survivors trekking to try and find a better place away from zombies.
I have to say I was a little disappointed by the ending. I expected her to at least try and find the man she fell in love with. I mean she went to great lengths to find her brother, yet seemed to give up on her boyfriend. Still I enjoyed this book just like the first. If your a zombie fan then check out this series.


 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good series. I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

    The genre - New Adult? What is that? haven't heard of it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one in the series, Hallowlands, is free on kindle. Which is why I got interested in the series in the first place.

      New Adult is about college aged people usually, its for an older mindset yet with some of the ya challenges. Usually there is sex, too. Although not graphic. It's still a forming genre so these things are being modeled. I labeled this New Adult because I felt YA was to tame for it yet adult was to much.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...