Monday, April 15, 2013

It's Monday!

Lets see last week we made a worm farm, I watched The Hunger Games, and got a few books read. Not bad really. After watching the movie I still have no inclination to read the books. Yet I finally see what every one was talking about with The Selection, it really was like The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games. I was really disturbed by how the interview scenes mirror one another, but anyway.



Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading! 
Hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey

 
Currently Reading...
(Still reading, yes I lied last week I still have a bit to read, with my current workload not sure if it will be done this week or not.) Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi #5) by Linda Robertson The fifth in the exciting urban fantasy series featuring Persephone Alcmedi, a modern-day witch with a sexy werewolf boyfriend. Persephone Alcmedi has helped her waerewolf lover Johnny unlock his powers. Now she must come to the aid of Menessos, the vampire overlord she has secretly marked. Beset by a trio of truth-seeking vampire sisters so dangerous their own kind keep them confined in stone, he now needs her more than ever...and she realizes her need for him. Seph has magical promises to fulfill for the waeres, multiple mundane family challenges to meet, vampire politics to confront, both the supernatural males in her life to balance, a dragon to deal with...and then a government investigator shows up to complicate matters.

The Ghost of Graylockby Dan Poblocki
 (Just started, I'm trying to get my TBR list down.) Does an abandoned asylum hold the key to a frightful haunting? Everyone's heard the stories about Graylock Hall. It was meant to be a place of healing - a hospital where children and teenagers with mental disorders would be cared for and perhaps even cured. But something went wrong. Several young patients died under mysterious circumstances. Eventually, the hospital was shut down, the building abandoned and left to rot deep in the woods. As the new kid in town, Neil Cady wants to see Graylock for himself. Especially since rumor has it that the building is haunted. He's got fresh batteries in his flashlight, a camera to document the adventure, and a new best friend watching his back. Neil might think he's prepared for what he'll find in the dark and decrepit asylum. But he's certainly not prepared for what follows him home. . . . Scary, suspenseful, and surprising, Dan Poblocki's latest ghost story will keep you turning pages deep into the dead of night.

The Rose Red Reaperby Kristi Loucks
(Reading for a book tour in May. Trying to get ahead.) Lt. Commander Mason Cole never intended to follow his brother into law enforcement, but the murder of a loved one gave him the motivation needed to take a position as the head of Chicago’s Serial Crimes Unit. Along with his brother, Detective Devon Cole, former FBI Profiler and Technical Analyst Melinda Kade and Detective Piper Torello, Mason is tasked with finding some of the cities most prolific serial killers. As a former Navy SEAL, Mason has seen some of the worst the world has to offer, but nothing could have prepared him for his initiation into the world of a serial killer. Their first case came with a gruesome introduction from a man who has given himself his own press ready moniker. Known for his macabre signature and the white rose he leaves at the scene with a calling card signed in blood, THE ROSE RED REAPER Mason and his team will pursue the killer through the vast streets of Chicago, across the affluent suburbs of the North Shore following cryptic clues left at each crime scene and pointing them to a web of violence dating back to The Reaper’s own childhood. Complications begin to arise when The Reaper makes a connection to the woman that Mason loves. Dakota Rose Shelton. The stunning, raven-haired beauty that has carefully salvaged Mason’s broken heart may also be the key to ending The Reaper’s bloody reign. Left blind by a childhood illness, she must help them to assemble the pieces of the Reaper’s past with no visual memories to aid her. Can Dakota help the team put the pieces together before The Reaper targets one of there own? And will she be able to fight off a killer that she cannot see?

DNF:
I tried really hard to read this but between format issues and that I really didn't like the characters I just gave up.

Finished:
Dead Peasants: A Thriller by Larry D. Thompson
Eternal Revelations by Candis Vargo Finished for book tour review
My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers, #0.5) by Rachel Vincent short online novelette. I wanted to see what the Soul Screamer series was about and if I'd like it, added the first few books to my wish list. 

 Thanks for stopping by, leave your link and I'll return the favor. 

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a good reading week, I hope that continues!
    The Ghost of Graylock looks, and sounds, right up my street... I look forward to a review on that one.

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your selections are new to me, I hope you enjoy them! Have a fantastic week of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some interesting picks - I'll be curious to see what you think of The Ghost of Graylock.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose Red Reaper and the Ghost of Graylock look like good reads, thanks for sharing. Here's my Monday What are You Reading list and Blogaversary Amazon Gift Card Giveaway if you'd like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far both are good, you're welcome.

      Delete
  5. I'm not familiar with these books but The Ghost of Graylock just scared the crap out of me (what a wimp!) LOL.

    These are interesting books, and since I'm exploring adult fantasy I'm thinking of giving Linda Robertson's books a try.

    Happy reading! and thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover of Graylock is creepy, the book is middle grade so it's not all that scary for me as it is a fun mystery. The Linda Robertson books are really good, I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. Your titles this week are all new to me. I loved The Hunger Games series as a whole and the movie. Hope you decide to go with the Soul Screamer series, it's been great!
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I promised myself no new books until I get my TBR list down so the Soul Screamer series is on my wish list. I'm going to tell the hubby I want Amazon gift cards for Mothers Day and our anniversary both next month, if he comes through then I'll be picking up at least the first book in the series. :)
      Have a great week!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...