Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Monday!!

Hi Folk! Well once again I didn't get what I had to done but still it wasn't a bad week. While we didn't get to go hiking, I did get the yard cleaned up. I also did some gardening, although it was inside. The kids and I took their science project, seeds we watched sprout, and put them in a planter. See pics here. Over all it was a pretty boring week, I did get some reading, reviews, and surprise writing done. I even managed to do some work for the etsy shop. So like I said it wasn't a bad week I just wish I could've gotten outside more.




Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading! 
Hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey

 
Currently Reading...

(Still reading on Kindle, trying to read it but more and more it's leaning toward DNF.)
The Z Word (Apocalypse Babes #1)by Bella Street Book One of Apocalypse Babes
The Z Word, follows Seffy Carter and her longtime friends Gareth, Addison and Lani. The four besties share a past dysfunctional and dark enough to keep them bound together under do-over identities. But like off-brand velour, rends develop in their relationships from the flesh-eating pressures of ending up in 1980, in a Montana desert, surrounded by zombies wearing dated disco duds.



(Still reading, probably will be done this week.) Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi #5) by Linda Robertson The fifth in the exciting urban fantasy series featuring Persephone Alcmedi, a modern-day witch with a sexy werewolf boyfriend. Persephone Alcmedi has helped her waerewolf lover Johnny unlock his powers. Now she must come to the aid of Menessos, the vampire overlord she has secretly marked. Beset by a trio of truth-seeking vampire sisters so dangerous their own kind keep them confined in stone, he now needs her more than ever...and she realizes her need for him. Seph has magical promises to fulfill for the waeres, multiple mundane family challenges to meet, vampire politics to confront, both the supernatural males in her life to balance, a dragon to deal with...and then a government investigator shows up to complicate matters.

(Still reading will be done this week.) Dead Peasants: A Thriller by Larry D. Thompson Veteran trial lawyer Larry D. Thompson has decades of courtroom experience in his home state of Texas on controversial and important trials. Now, in Dead Peasants, Thompson has delivered a fast-moving and suspenseful legal thriller featuring a retired lawyer whose life gets turned upside down when a stranger asks for help. Jack Bryant, exhausted after a high-profile career as a lawyer, takes an early retirement in Fort Worth, Texas, where he plans to kick back, relax, and watch his son play football at TCU. But then an elderly widow shows up with a check for life insurance benefits and that is suspiciously made payable to her dead husband’s employer, Jack can’t turn down her pleas for help and files a civil suit to collect the benefits rightfully due the widow. A chain of events that can’t be stopped thrusts Jack into a vortex of killings, and he and his new love interest find themselves targets of a murderer. Gripping, engaging, and written with the authority that only a seasoned lawyer could possess, Dead Peasants is a legal thriller that will stun and surprise you.

Finished:
UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale #1) by Chanda Hahn 
Eternally Devoted (Frostbite, #4) by Stacey Kennedy
Eternal Revelation by Candis Vargo


On the Agenda:
The Rose Red Reaper Received for review with tour. After this I have a couple more books scheduled for reviews. So those will be on the agenda.

So leave a link to your Monday post and I'll stop by.

8 comments:

  1. Dead Peasants sounds like a murder mystery that I would like and I've read Unenchanted and enjoyed it. I love modern fairy tale retellings and would like to read the second one. Have a good reading week, here's my Monday What Are You Reading list if you'd like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Dead Peasants is more of a legal thriller, still it's been interesting. Unenchanted was ok, but I wasn't happy with the ending.

      Delete
  2. Dead Peasants looks really good. It reminds me of the type of books I used to read. Thanks for stopping by my Monday post.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Dead Peasants has been good so far. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. The more I hear about Linda Robertson's series, the more they sound interesting. I'm not too into the romancy supernaturals, prefer my stories with more story than romance, but this might be something I might enjoy. If the sexxing up doesn't overwhelm the story. (does it?)

    Enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far there has been about one scene where they get it on, in each book except the first one. There is quite a bit of sexual tension between the three main characters, but it's kind of adds to the overall tension in the book, you know life or death stuff.
      If you like vampires though check out the WVMP Radio series by Jeri Smith-Ready, really good and not a lot of romancy stuff. The series is about a radio station run by vampires, it's a neat take on the vamp genre.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read anything by Larry D Thompson but I love a good suspense thriller, not a huge fan of the legal thriller but if one came highly recommended I'd certainly give it a go. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I've finished it, Dead Peasants was a cross between the two. My review will be out in May, I read this for a book tour that's scheduled then.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...