Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Update!

This week was a stressful one, but I did get some yard work and gardening done. Still can't put any plants in the ground since it snowed Saturday and then dropped down into the high 20's during the night. Please Mother Nature make up your mind, I'm so sick of the cold yucky weather. We took advantage of the one nice day during the week and made planters (<-click here to go see pics on my other blog) for the yards. The only good thing about the yucky weather is I got reading done. I also managed to get some reviews scheduled. Oh and make sure to swing by on Wednesday the 24th to enter the Shower of Books Giveaway. I've got a big prize pack for one lucky winner. Ok enough of that on to...



Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading! 
Hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey

 
Currently Reading...
The Rose Red Reaper by Kristi Loucks
(Still Reading.) Lt. Commander Mason Cole never intended to follow his brother into law enforcement, but the murder of a loved one gave him the motivation needed to take a position as the head of Chicago’s Serial Crimes Unit. Along with his brother, Detective Devon Cole, former FBI Profiler and Technical Analyst Melinda Kade and Detective Piper Torello, Mason is tasked with finding some of the cities most prolific serial killers. As a former Navy SEAL, Mason has seen some of the worst the world has to offer, but nothing could have prepared him for his initiation into the world of a serial killer. Their first case came with a gruesome introduction from a man who has given himself his own press ready moniker. Known for his macabre signature and the white rose he leaves at the scene with a calling card signed in blood, THE ROSE RED REAPER Mason and his team will pursue the killer through the vast streets of Chicago, across the affluent suburbs of the North Shore following cryptic clues left at each crime scene and pointing them to a web of violence dating back to The Reaper’s own childhood. Complications begin to arise when The Reaper makes a connection to the woman that Mason loves. Dakota Rose Shelton. The stunning, raven-haired beauty that has carefully salvaged Mason’s broken heart may also be the key to ending The Reaper’s bloody reign. Left blind by a childhood illness, she must help them to assemble the pieces of the Reaper’s past with no visual memories to aid her. Can Dakota help the team put the pieces together before The Reaper targets one of there own? And will she be able to fight off a killer that she cannot see?

Splintered (Splintered #1) by A.G. Howard (I bought this shortly after it came out as I'm a sucker for Alice in Wonderland. It's sat on my shelf since then, every time I've been going to read it something else pops up. I finally said no more and started reading.)
This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now. When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

Immortal Eclipse by Sherry Soule (Just Started, received from the author for a review.)
A devoted fashionata and practical New Yorker, Skylar Blackwell doesn’t believe in the supernatural—until she inherits Summerwind Mansion. . . .
When her uncle is brutally murdered, and the cops seem uninterested in following up the case, Skylar journeys to California to seek answers. Her search for clues is soon overshadowed by haunting nightmares of a young woman also murdered in the house.
Now the inhabitants of Summerwind are mysteriously dying, leaving no evidence as to how or why, and Skylar finds herself in a deadly race against time to expose the killer—before they strike again.
The problem is . . . whoever it is may not be human.
Armed with only wit and Pradas, Skylar begins questioning the servants, but the growing list of suspects includes the sexy and brooding caretaker, Dorian, a man desperately trying to forget his tragic past. And a major distraction for Skylar.
Determined to play detective—instead of the fashion police—and unravel the dark history of the mansion, Skylar is plunged into an otherworldly mystery that not even she can explain away. As the boundaries between reality and dreams blur, Skylar’s greatest challenge is to stay alive long enough to learn the truth.

The Harvesting (The Harvesting)by Melanie Karsak (Just Started for a book tour in June, like I said I'm trying to get a head of the reviews.)
It's all fun and games until someone ends up undead.
Though Layla reluctantly returns home to rural Hamletville after a desperate call from her psychic grandmother, she could never have anticipated the horror of what Grandma Petrovich has foreseen. The residents of Hamletville will need Layla's help if they are to survive the zombie apocalypse that's upon them. But that is not the only problem. With mankind silenced, it soon becomes apparent that we were never alone. As the beings living on the fringe seek to reclaim power, Layla must find a way to protect the ones she loves or all humanity may be lost.


Finished:
Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi #5)

On the Agenda: First I have to get through the pile I've created but I also need to get From Hel, With Love (XIII Hour, #1), The Fallen Angels Book Club, and Birthdays of a Princess all done for book tours that are coming up in the next few months. 

Thanks for stopping by, you know the drill, leave your link and I'll return the favor. Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Splintered sounds like a really good book, I've been eyeing it since it's release but still not purchased it. The thing with me is that I much prefer paperback books to hardback so when it comes to a lot of new releases I wait it out until the paperback is released. I don't know if I could have left this on my shelf unread for so long.
    I hope you enjoy your reads this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments.i agree with your comments.

      book publicist

      Delete
    2. I don't really have a preference on hard vs soft cover. Having it sitting there waiting was hard, but I feel if an author sends you a book you should get the review out. Hope you have a great week thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, Alice in Wonderland with romance, I'm game! I'd been edging around this one due to the publisher (I can be a bit of snob when it comes to editing etc), but I guess I shall have to give it a try now if you say it's yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even sure who the publisher is. lol. I am more about the story, as long as that's good I don't have a problem. I've only read the first few chapters but I'm hooked. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Wow all these books sound super amazing. Thank you for sharing those. I have been staring ever so longingly at Splintered since before it came out. 8( Haha one day I will get it..

    Congrats on the gardening. I sadly am allergic to mother nature and I think last time I gardened I broke out in red itchy hives. Hurt like a mo fo. I am sure this is more info than you wanted. Never the less congrats on gardening. I love watching my moms garden after everything is done.

    Sorry about the weather. 8( It's all rain over here.

    Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have an amazing rest of the week!

    Best wishes and happy reading from Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seesawed on getting Splintered when it came out, but my love of all things Alice related won over. I hope you enjoy it when you get it.
      Thanks, it sucks that you're allergic. I love gardening but really don't have the space which is why I'm loving the planters.
      I'd prefer rain to snow any day.
      You're very welcome, thanks for visiting hope you have a great week yourself.

      Delete
  4. I hope the weather warms up for you soon.

    Have a great reading week,

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just wish it would make up it's mind hot-cold jeez. :)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Just finished reading Knots and Crosses and started Haunted Grounds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...