Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Armchair BEA- Intro

This is my first time participating in the Armchair BEA so I'm kind of winging it. Fingers crossed I'm doing this right. I'm looking forward to getting to know other bloggers and learning a thing or two along the way.

  1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? My name's Shandy Jo. I've been blogging for 4years since 2009. I originally started blogging as a way to vent about life in general, then got into reviewing which allowed me to share my love of books.
  2. Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures. Upstate New York. The area I live in was known as The Golden Crescent, because of it's proximity to Lake Ontario the area has great fishing and fertile farmland.
  3. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013? So far my favorite book in 2013 is Splintered (Splintered #1) by
  4. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. I've recently become a bit of a health nut. I discovered that I put on quite a bit of weigh over the winter, and have put myself on a diet and exercise regiment.
  5. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? I love being able to interact with people who have the same interests as me. Sharing my opinions of books and being able to find out what other people thought. Talking to people who care about the same things I do and are willing to carry on a conversation, without losing interest. It drives me nuts when I start talking about books, publishers, or authors and folks get that glazed look in their eyes (my hubby is the worst, lol).
Thanks for stopping by, if you are so inclined leave a link to your post so I can swing by and return the favor.

10 comments:

  1. This is my second time participating in ArmchairBEA - it's a lot of fun and a great way to find new blogs...like yours! I'm also from NY, but more downstate - I'm about 40 minutes north of NYC.

    I'm curious about Splintered. I also love fairy tales - and have about 30 picture books of different retellings of all different fairy tales. I had no idea there were adult books that were similar!

    I'm finding it interesting that in addition to a common love of reading, there are quite a few of us book bloggers that are also jumping onto the fitter/healthier lifestyle. What are you doing for your exercise regiment? I walk and do yoga a few times a week.

    Hope you have a great week!
    My Intro Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I am doing the same thing (diet wise) glad to hear another good thing about Splintered. A friend bought it for me and I have not gotten to it yet!

    Great to find another Armchair BEA'er!

    my #ArmChairBEA Intro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Armchair BEA! Hope you enjoy yourself and come back next year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time with Armchair BEA! Excited to be here, a lot of other people who were taking part last year have been very welcoming, and totally awesome so far! I wonder what they will do with my post(s) set for tomorrow!

    I have decided to swear off diets and exercise regimes, ok that's a lie. I eat as healthy as I can for a single mom in college and always on the go. Good news is I'm usually so busy doing stuff I get a good cardio work out every day just from doing said stuff!

    Ashley @ My Two Cents

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to meet you, Shandy! Splintered is one of those books that has been sitting on my Kindle since before it came out, and I never was able to find the time to read it. So many people love it and I'm sure your excited to read the second book soon! Enjoy #ArmChairBEA week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading Splintered also. LOVE LOVE LOVE retellings.
    And as for doing it right? If you are doing it, then you are doing ti right. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's my first time, too! (: hopefully you enjoy it. I've been dying to get my hands on Splintered! It looks like such a good book, and it has an amazing cover! Now I definitely have to read it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been dying to get my hands on Splintered! The cover is amazing and it looked like such a good book. Now I want to read it even more than I did before..
    (sorry if I commented two times)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on a weight loss kick too so good luck to us both:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Alice in Wonderland as well. It's the first "grown up" book I can remember reading. (over and over and over, lol)

    Have a great ABEA!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...