{Book Review} Shattered Circle (Persephone Alcmedi #6) by Linda Robertson

Shattered Circle (Persephone Alcmedi #6)
by Linda Robertson
Publisher: Pocket Books
Released: January 29th 2013
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Urban Fantasy
How I got it: Received from the publisher

After her werewolf boyfriend, Johnny, tried to kill her, Persephone Alcmedi finds herself in the comforting arms of powerful vampire Menessos. She’s trying to sort out her feelings for the two men, but not even Seph is above the confusion of tangled emotions. All Johnny wants to do is mend their relationship and reveal the life-altering news he’s recently received, but his new responsibilities as the werewolf king take up most of his time.
Does this mean Menessos can finally make his move?
Meanwhile, unknown to Seph, her beloved foster daughter, Beverley, has been playing with a magical artifact and making dubious friends on the other side. When Beverley disappears, Seph must seek help from a supernatural being so potent that even Menessos fears him...and such aid always comes with a very steep price.

Review:I didn't like this as much as the other books in the series. I still love Seph and Johnny, although my dislike of Menessos remains. I detested the shab- whatever. I know they were bad gals, but I couldn't stand to read the sections they were in and instead I glossed over them completely. The development with Beverley irked me to no end. I mean hadn't the poor kid gone through enough, her mom dieing, being kidnapped by homicidal fey and now Menessos gives her a bizarre and potentially deadly gift. Not Fair!
Then there was the whole Hade's thing... oh excuse me Aidon, but still ever hear of The Rape of Persephone it's just got a bit of a twist. Personally I've always hated that myth. Seeing it play out on one of my fave characters, really bothered me. Then the thing with John attacking Seph, and finding out he has a son. Seriously it was the only part of the book I liked, and it tugged on my heart strings. I'm not happy at all with the turn this series is taking, and while I've grown attached to certain characters I won't be reading any more books in this series. I just can't take the heart break.


Comments