Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Get Your Nose Out of My Burger!!

I know this shouldn't be my view with trying to get healthy and all, but I saw an article this morning that irked me to no end. It was about a Health Food blogger who's 9 year old daughter basically accused the McDonalds CEO of targeting children for ads. I have a HUGE problem with folks like this. It always gets my dander up when I see parents in particular saying that fast food chains are feeding their kids junk food. Because um no you are feeding your kids the junk food. The restaurants are not on the street grabbing kids and force feeding them Big Macs. You as the parent, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa or guardian take the kids there and let them eat the food. If you don't want them to eat it say No. It's easy I do it all the time, two little letters N-O. And don't blame the toys in the kids meals, yes kids are entranced by cheap plastic objects that break ten minutes out of the plastic. Just don't give in. My kids rarely get the meals, and they don't complain because when Mommy say No she means it. They throw a fit, we leave simple as that.
Have we become such a serviced based economy that we need big business to tell us what to eat and feed our children. Is it really that hard to go into the kitchen and make a healthy meal for your family. Ok I know some busy professional folks don't have the time, fine there are healthy things to eat at the fast food chains. Look at the menu and ask for them.
Now why do I have such a big chip on my shoulder about this, because these people are ruining it for the rest of us. Those of us who go there to get a big fat grease cheese burger with a bunch of crisp salty fries. My family goes to these places as a treat, once and a while. When I do I want something that I can't get at home, if I wanted apple slices then I'd cut up an apple. When I go to McDonald or Burger King or Wendy's I want a artery clogging meal. I expect an artery clogging meal.
End rant, I'll get off my soap box now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...