It's Monday What Are You Reading?!

Not much to report this week, so lets just jump into ...



Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading! 
Hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey

 
Currently Reading...


World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks (Still Reading haven't gotten much farther because focusing on book tours.)
The Zombie War came unthinkably close to eradicating humanity. Max Brooks, driven by the urgency of preserving the acid-etched first-hand experiences of the survivors from those apocalyptic years, traveled across the United States of America and throughout the world, from decimated cities that once teemed with upwards of thirty million souls to the most remote and inhospitable areas of the planet. He recorded the testimony of men, women, and sometimes children who came face-to-face with the living, or at least the undead, hell of that dreadful time. World War Z is the result. Never before have we had access to a document that so powerfully conveys the depth of fear and horror, and also the ineradicable spirit of resistance, that gripped human society through the plague years.


Wake (Watersong, #1) by Amanda Hocking (Still working on this one, I haven't been able to read much more because I've been focusing on getting book tours done.) Fall under the spell of Wake—the first book in an achingly beautiful new series by celebrated author Amanda Hocking—and lose yourself to the Watersong.
Gorgeous. Fearless. Dangerous. They're the kind of girls you envy; the kind of girls you want to hate. Strangers in town for the summer, Penn, Lexi and Thea have caught everyone's attention—but it’s Gemma who’s attracted theirs. She’s the one they’ve chosen to be part of their group.
Gemma seems to have it all—she’s carefree, pretty, and falling in love with Alex, the boy next door. He’s always been just a friend, but this summer they’ve taken their relationship to the next level, and now there’s no going back. Then one night, Gemma’s ordinary life changes forever. She’s taking a late night swim under the stars when she finds Penn, Lexi and Thea partying on the cove. They invite her to join them, and the next morning she wakes up on the beach feeling groggy and sick, knowing something is different.
Suddenly Gemma is stronger, faster, and more beautiful than ever. But her new powers come with a terrifying price. And as she uncovers the truth, she’s is forced to choose between staying with those she loves—or entering a new world brimming with dark hungers and unimaginable secrets.

Girls and Monsters by Anne Michaud (Recived from NetGalley, spooky YA anthology of short stories)
This dark but uplifting collection of five Young Adult novellas includes:
Death Song: Liz is in love with Joe, but the monster of the lake has other plans for them.
Black Dog: Scarlet is engaged in a struggle for her sanity, but according to the voice in her head, she may be too late.
A Blue Story: When Katherine's beloved dog goes missing, she fears her strange new neighbor might be involved.
Dust Bunnies: Christiane faces her childhood arachnophobia and ends up confronting even greater fears in this test of sisterhood.
We Left at Night: Brooke and her family must abandon their home and their lives to make it out of a disease-plagued town overrun by zombies.
Girls & Monsters is for everyone who has ever been brave enough to confront their childhood fears...and lived to tell about it.

Finished:
Birthday of a princess by Helga Zeiner- Read for Book Tour
Sinister Entity by Hunter Shea - Read for Book Tour
Ghoultown by October Weeks - Read for NNMR
30 Minute Plan by Gerald Rice - Read for NNMR
The Fallen Angels Book Club by R. Franklin James - Read for Book Tour

On the agenda I have a few more from NetGalley and then I'm retackling my TBR list.
So what are you reading this week leave your link and I'll stop by.

Comments

  1. Interesting choices. I avoid zombie books myself. Come see my week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love zombie books. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've ever read a zombie book, but I'm willing to read anything. I'm currently reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I though World War Z was pretty interesting. I hope you get to finish it soon - and I'm excited to see how it is in movie form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested in seeing how they made the movie as well.

      Delete
  4. I thought I already commented on your post - I must have started to and then shut things down...(age is affecting me, lol)

    My son loves zombie books. I bought him one of Max Brooks zombie survival books a few years ago for X-mas. Probably a weird X-mas gift... 6 or 7 years ago people weren't into zombies as much as they are now. But he loved it.

    I've heard good things about Girls and Monsters, also. Love the cover. it's cool.

    My Reading Week

    Have a fun week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's a weird gift, but then I love zombies.

      Delete
  5. New follower, hopping in to say hi (a little late - it's almost Monday again!). I haven't read any Zombie books yet, but I've enjoyed other paranormal books, esp. Laurell K Hamilton's Meredith Gentry series. Here's my It's Monday for 5/20.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wake looks like a book I would enjoy reading. I will have to check it out. :)
    http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/its-monday-what-are-you-reading/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.