Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Ramble!!

So this week hasn't been really exciting or busy, I haven't been feeling well (my allergies have been acting up) and it's been yucky out. I was able to get some reviews scheduled and books read. Of course Hubby green lit me purchasing books on Amazon so all the books I cleared out of my TBR have been replaced. (Grin) I also went through my GR wishlist and deleted a bunch... ever go through and wonder "why the heck did I add that?!" That was a good portion of my wishlist, I did add a few new though. Like A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2) by Molly Harper I was seriously upset to learn this doesn't come out for another two weeks. There were a couple others that don't release until later in the year too, ugh. Guess I'll have to wait for my birthday or Christmas. I was a little miffed that one book I bought was only out in ebook and hardcover, since all the other ones I have in the series are softcover and now they'll look funny together. Is that weird? Ok enough of my rambling...



Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading! 
Hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey

 
Currently Reading...


World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks (Still Reading.)
The Zombie War came unthinkably close to eradicating humanity. Max Brooks, driven by the urgency of preserving the acid-etched first-hand experiences of the survivors from those apocalyptic years, traveled across the United States of America and throughout the world, from decimated cities that once teemed with upwards of thirty million souls to the most remote and inhospitable areas of the planet. He recorded the testimony of men, women, and sometimes children who came face-to-face with the living, or at least the undead, hell of that dreadful time. World War Z is the result. Never before have we had access to a document that so powerfully conveys the depth of fear and horror, and also the ineradicable spirit of resistance, that gripped human society through the plague years.


Wake (Watersong, #1) by Amanda Hocking (Just started, I bought this because I enjoyed Ms Hocking's Hollowland books so I'm hoping this is as good.)Fall under the spell of Wake—the first book in an achingly beautiful new series by celebrated author Amanda Hocking—and lose yourself to the Watersong.
Gorgeous. Fearless. Dangerous. They're the kind of girls you envy; the kind of girls you want to hate. Strangers in town for the summer, Penn, Lexi and Thea have caught everyone's attention—but it’s Gemma who’s attracted theirs. She’s the one they’ve chosen to be part of their group.
Gemma seems to have it all—she’s carefree, pretty, and falling in love with Alex, the boy next door. He’s always been just a friend, but this summer they’ve taken their relationship to the next level, and now there’s no going back. Then one night, Gemma’s ordinary life changes forever. She’s taking a late night swim under the stars when she finds Penn, Lexi and Thea partying on the cove. They invite her to join them, and the next morning she wakes up on the beach feeling groggy and sick, knowing something is different.
Suddenly Gemma is stronger, faster, and more beautiful than ever. But her new powers come with a terrifying price. And as she uncovers the truth, she’s is forced to choose between staying with those she loves—or entering a new world brimming with dark hungers and unimaginable secrets.

Sinister Entity by Hunter Shea
(Reading this for a book tour, and really enjoying it.) How can you escape the ghost of yourself?
The Leigh family is terrified. They’ve been haunted by the ghostly image of their young daughter, Selena. But how can that be, when Selena is alive and well, and as frightened as her parents? With no where else to turn, the Leighs place their hopes in Jessica Backman, who has dedicated her life to investigating paranormal activity. Accompanied by a new partner who claims to able to speak to the dead, Jessica will soon encounter an entity that scares even her. And a terror far worse than she imagined.


Ghoultown by October Weeks
(Reading this for NNMR) Welcome to Ghoultown...
Boston is on its knees, brought there by an unknown man and his summoned dark beings. Currently, there are one hundred sixteen infected, eighty-two dead. There is no sign that the attacks will stop anytime soon.
Standing outside of a house filled with dead people is not the most pleasant of things, but for Delilah Dalton and Milly Shores it’s all part of the job. In training with the FBI’s Reaper Team, the nineteen year olds are caught up in the gruesome case.
If the team cannot stop the killing soon, South Boston will be nothing but a blood-drenched feeding ground for dark beasts.

Birthday of a princess by Helga Zeiner (Reading for a book tour, different but interesting)
Almost from age one, Tiara has been a star of the American Child Beauty Circuit. When she grows too old to win anymore, her mother leaves Texas and returns to Vancouver. Tiara is twelve years old, she refuses to attend school or interact with other children, becoming more and more reclusive. Her relationship with her mother deteriorates and they become estranged.
One morning, three years later, Tiara’s mother is shocked to find her daughter the subject of a big story on the morning news. A violent assault has just occurred at a local coffee shop and it seems Tiara is the perpetrator. The brutal and seemingly unprovoked assault lands her in the Burnaby Secure Youth Centre for a court ordered psychological assessment.
When the police investigate the incident they begin to slowly unravel her confused and dark childhood. They discover her history as a child beauty queen star, managed by her mother and aunt while living in Texas. It also becomes increasingly apparent that explicit photos of Tiara were taken and posted to many internet sites The photos seem to capture Tiara over many years and lead the detectives to wonder whether she is the victim rather than the perpetrator.


Finished:
Splintered (Splintered #1) by A.G. Howard
Immortal Eclipse by Sherry Soule
Fish Out Of Water by Ros Baxter

On the agenda I have a few more scheduled for book tours and a couple from NetGalley.

Ok so that's my Monday update more like ramble, what are you reading this week leave your link and I'll stop by.

5 comments:

  1. I heard World War Z was excellent! Haven't read it myself. Enjoy your reading :)

    See my reads at daninicoleauthor.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to the audiobook for World War Z and while I didn't love it, I thought it was alright. I'm interested to see what you think of i, and hope you enjoy your reads this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo to allergies, hope you feel better this week. Nice line up of books. Looking forward to your thoughts on World War Z and Amanda Hockings titles are on my TBR stack.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all...I love that you call your Monday post "Monday Ramble". Seems like I ramble on sometimes in my posts.. ;)

    I haven't read anything by Brooks, but I did buy the Zombie Guide for my son years ago for x-mas. Totally fitting present for a guy who loves zombies.

    I like the premise for Birthdays for a Princess - interesting. Hope you enjoy. I have one of Amanda Hocking's first novels waiting for me on my Kindle also - I need to get started on my Kindle reading. I seem to do best with short stories on e-books..... :)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...