Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Update!

This past week was ok. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked but it was still productive. I managed to get a few books read, no reviews written though. I put in my small garden, I finally got enough dirt to fill the big planter out back and put in my veggies. Cucumber, carrots, beans, and I was supposed to have watermelon but the seeds never came up. So I have to get some more. We went hiking Saturday, (read all about it here). I got sunburned and sun sick, head ache, upset stomach and lots of ouchies by the time we got home. Legs muscles are still sore. Yet it was so worth it.
Oh and I was accepted to review for Not Now... Mommy's Reading. Although I'm not offical yet, but I did send all my info and what not. 



Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading! 
Hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey

 
Currently Reading...

Splintered (Splintered #1) by A.G. Howard (Still working on this one.)
This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now. When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

Immortal Eclipse by Sherry Soule (Still working on this one, too.)
A devoted fashionata and practical New Yorker, Skylar Blackwell doesn’t believe in the supernatural—until she inherits Summerwind Mansion. . . .
When her uncle is brutally murdered, and the cops seem uninterested in following up the case, Skylar journeys to California to seek answers. Her search for clues is soon overshadowed by haunting nightmares of a young woman also murdered in the house.
Now the inhabitants of Summerwind are mysteriously dying, leaving no evidence as to how or why, and Skylar finds herself in a deadly race against time to expose the killer—before they strike again.
The problem is . . . whoever it is may not be human.
Armed with only wit and Pradas, Skylar begins questioning the servants, but the growing list of suspects includes the sexy and brooding caretaker, Dorian, a man desperately trying to forget his tragic past. And a major distraction for Skylar.
Determined to play detective—instead of the fashion police—and unravel the dark history of the mansion, Skylar is plunged into an otherworldly mystery that not even she can explain away. As the boundaries between reality and dreams blur, Skylar’s greatest challenge is to stay alive long enough to learn the truth.

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks (I had this on my wish list for awhile, but wasn't 100% sure I really wanted it. Then I saw it for sale at Target and said what the heck. Of course I had other books on my plate at the time so it went of the to be read shelf and I'm just getting around to it.)
The Zombie War came unthinkably close to eradicating humanity. Max Brooks, driven by the urgency of preserving the acid-etched first-hand experiences of the survivors from those apocalyptic years, traveled across the United States of America and throughout the world, from decimated cities that once teemed with upwards of thirty million souls to the most remote and inhospitable areas of the planet. He recorded the testimony of men, women, and sometimes children who came face-to-face with the living, or at least the undead, hell of that dreadful time. World War Z is the result. Never before have we had access to a document that so powerfully conveys the depth of fear and horror, and also the ineradicable spirit of resistance, that gripped human society through the plague years.

Fish Out Of Water by Ros Baxter ( Reading for a book tour, interesting so far.)
Dirtwater's straight-talking Deputy Sheriff Rania Aqualina has a lot on her plate: a nicotine addiction that's a serious liability for a mermaid, a soldier-of-fortune ex who's hooked on her Mum's brownies, a gorgeous, naked stranger in her shower, and a mysterious dead blonde with a fish tattoo on Main Street.
Heading home to Aegira for a family wedding, Rania has a sinking feeling that's got nothing to do with hydroporting seven miles under the sea and everything to do with the crazy situation. Now, if she can just steal a corpse, get a crazy Aegiran priest off her case, work out who the hell's trying to kill her, and stop sleeping with the fishes, she might be able to unravel the mysteries. And maybe even save her own ass while she's at it.

Finished:
The Harvesting (The Harvesting)by Melanie Karsak
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow #1) by Molly Harper 

On the Agenda: Still working through book tour reviews

Thanks for stopping by, you know the drill, leave your link and I'll return the favor. Have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. I've seen World War Z all over the place. Hope you like it!

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's popular because the of the movie. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you got a lot done, I miss my little vege garden, must choose a better spot for it. I've heard good things about World War Z, I'll keep an eye out for your review. Also interested in Fish Out of Water, Ros is a local Aussie author, I read Sister Pact written by Ros and her sister.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope mine take off, I'm a little worried that the seeds weren't good. World War Z is different, not sure yet if I like it or not.:) I'm enjoying Fish Out of Water it's an interesting take on mermaids.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. You did well!! I am STILL going slow! Too slow!!

    Here is my post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While not a huge fan of zombie books/movies I have to say I quite enjoyed World War Z. It was an interesting way to tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've had a productive week to me. I hope you get round to writing some reviews soon :-)
    I recently purchased Splintered... I caved.

    Enjoy your reads this week :-)

    My Book Bubble

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...