Monday, June 24, 2013

{Book Review} Untraceable (The Nature of Grace #1) by S.R. Johannes

Untraceable (The Nature of Grace #1)
by S.R. Johannes
Publisher: Coleman & Stott
Released: November 29th 2011
Genre: Fiction- YA: Mystery
How I got it: Netgalley

16-year-old Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival.
When her dad goes missing on a routine patrol, Grace refuses to believe he’s dead and fights the town authorities, tribal officials, and nature to find him.
One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from danger by Mo, a hot guy with an intoxicating accent and a secret. As her feelings between him and her ex-boyfriend get muddled, Grace travels deep into the wilderness to escape and find her father.

Along the way, Grace learns terrible secrets that sever relationships and lives. Soon she’s enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it’s going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to save everything she loves.

Review:  I was immediately drawn to the cover of Untraceable. The vivid blue eye, paired with the lush green of the leave just catches your attention. Reading the blurb sealed the deal. I'm a big fan of survival and outdoor things, as well as an avid hiker so a mystery with a survivalist twist was right up my alley.
Grace's father goes missing months before. Everyone has given up on him, except Grace. She is bound and determined that he is alive and she is going to find him. In the course of her investigation she discovers things best left uncovered. While her life shatters around her, Grace finds a bright spot in Mo. He is a boy she meets in the woods, who like her is avid about the outdoors. 
Grace was a brave, strong heroine, but she is also reckless. She makes a lot of bad judgements. I felt many of these were due to her state of mind. At first she seemed pretty smart and knows her stuff, yet as the book progresses she seems to become more emotional and reckless. I liked Mo as well, he's a nice love interest. The chemistry between him and Grace was well done and worked well.
The plot was engaging and pulled me in. I enjoyed the mystery aspect as it kept me on my toes and reading. Some twists I saw coming, but some I didn't which was nice. There was one thing about the end that I didn't like but I don't want to spoil the book for others, so I will say I was disappointed by the ending. It was a bit of a let down after going through every thing with Grace.
Over all this was a great book, and I loved the survival tips at the beginning of each chapter. I found that really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...