Review request for books are out to Jan 2015

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

{Book Review} Lullaby (Watersong #2) by Amanda Hocking

Lullaby (Watersong #2)
by Amanda Hocking
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Released: November 27th 2012 by
Genre:Fiction- YA: Urban Fantasy
How I got it: Bought it

Harper only wanted a safe, normal life. But when her younger sister Gemma runs off with a dangerous clique of beautiful girls, Penn, Thea, and Lexi, everything changes. Vowing to get her sister back no matter what the cost, Harper must face dangers unlike any she's ever experienced. Fortunately, she has Daniel by her side, a gorgeous guy who's devoted to helping her find her sister—and who's immune to the girls' dark powers.

While Harper searches for her sister, Gemma struggles to adjust to her new life. Gemma's powers are growing by the day, and the longer she lives with her new "sisters," the harder it is to resist entering their magical world. It's a realm both dark and beautiful, and where she's plagued by strange hungers and unspeakable needs. Just as she's drifting far away from her old life, Harper and Daniel find her...but no one can deny how much she's changed. All she wants is to return to her family and the mortal world, but how can she do that when she's become something else entirely—and will they still love her once they learn the truth?

Review: After reading Wake I really wanted Lullaby and joy of joys I found it for sale at Target of all places. With only one left, I couldn't let it slip through my fingers and I'm so glad I didn't.
Gemma has now run off with Penn, Thea, and Lexi. At first she tries to ignore her siren urges, but finally they over take her. All the while Harper, Alex, and Daniel are searching for her to bring her home. Again I was pulled into Gemma's world. Watching her trial as she tries to come to terms with what she is and how she must survive. Harper struggles with everyday life and finding her sister along with a budding relationship with Daniel. I'm even more fascinated by Daniel as there is something really weird going on with him.  By the end of the book I wasn't sure what to expect and it does end on a bit of a cliff hanger so I can't wait to get my hands on book three.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from folks, but lately most of it has been just spam. I'm going to moderate comments for a while, because I just don't want to deal with people who tack on garbage to their comments.