Sunday, July 21, 2013

I'm a little irked.

So a while back I purchased a book called Plague Town (Ashley Parker Book 1) by go get my copy of Plague Town and there it is word for word. I felt jipped. Then I think ok maybe there's a few differences and start scanning through the book nothing jumps out. So I think maybe there something at the end of the book nope. The print copy or Plague Town does have scenes from the zombies point of view, which is cool and the only difference between the two. So here's what I want to know why have two titles, change the
MC's name slightly and why two publishers? The books came out a few months apart, why not just say one was an extend version or something? Don't post two books with different titles, blurbs and covers letting folks think it's a different book that's not right. I'm disappointed that an author would do this to her readers and that publishers would let her. I really enjoyed Plague Town and was going to get book two Plague Nation, but now I have to wonder what the heck I'll be buying if I do.


1 comment:

  1. Oops. I had a comment but then accidentally switched to another page. Short version, this: it has happened to our library director at the library where I work. She ordered a similar themed series that was under a different title. Needless to say, she wasn't happy. I can understand if it's from say, a British author, and they have different titles, but in the same country, I don't think there's much of an excuse (either on the side of the publisher or author, or maybe on both of them, who knows?). Often we use Fantastic Fiction www.fantasticfiction.co.uk for different titles in different countries, but with the Plague Town series, it didn't seem to catch that. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.