{Book Tour} Plague Town (Ashley Parker #1) by Dana Fredsti

Plague Town (Ashley Parker #1)
by Dana Fredsti
Publisher: Titan Books
Released: April 3rd 2012
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Urban Fantasy, Zombies
How I got it: Bought

Ashley was just trying to get through a tough day when the world turned upside down.

A terrifying virus appears, quickly becoming a pandemic that leaves its victims, not dead, but far worse. Attacked by zombies, Ashley discovers that she is a 'Wild-Card' -- immune to the virus -- and she is recruited to fight back and try to control the outbreak.

It's Buffy meets the Walking Dead in a rapid-fire zombie adventure!

Review: I abso-freaken-lutely loved this book! Zombie killing at it's best!
Ashley is regular college student, who happens to come down with a case of "Walkers" a flu like disease that is killing folks. Ashley survives but not unscathed, the disease is also bring people back from the dead, and it has changed her into what the military is calling a "wild card". Some one super strong, fast and can heal quicker, oh and they are immune to the zombies. Along with her fellow "wild cards" Ashley has to help save her town and maybe the world from a zombie apocalypses.
I have to admit the thing that cinched this book for me was the line, "Buffy meets the Walking Dead". 
Ashley is an awesome, kick butt heroine. She's tough, yet has a soft side, she's witty and lovable. Her love/ hate relationship with Gabe was fun to watch. Their chemistry worked really well, yet didn't overwhelm the story. But would have been better without Gabe's whole 'I push you away because I care' attitude.
The story moved along at a good pace, lots of action with just enough down time to keep it from getting boring. I loved the witty repartee and all the movie references. Several times I found myself chuckling or laughing with the characters. (Earning myself strange looks from Hubby, really you'd think he'd be used to it by now.) I really liked the segments where the reader got to see what was going on in the zombie brains. I think those kind of made the book for me, seeing things through the zombies point of view. There were a few twists that shocked me and I didn't see coming. I enjoyed Ms Fredsti writing style and her characterization.
But there is one thing that's fishy about this book and that is the characters and plot are almost exactly like  Ashley Drake Zombie Hunter (A plague on all houses) also by Ms Fredsti. Only difference is Plague Town has the zombie pov scenes. Over all the book itself is great, I'm contemplating getting book two. 






Comments